Adobe AIR Client causing fps drops?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KeiferSutherland

03-17-2012

Is there a way that we can confirm whether Adobe AIR has been updated as of late? Say, the past few weeks? If so, wouldn't this explain the cause of frame rate drops? RIOT points the finger at users saying its overheating or what have you, but the only other reasonable option is Adobe AIR. If there were a way we could rollback Adobe AIR to an earlier version, maybe this would reverse the FPS issue the majority are having?

I'm reaching this deduction because of what I said above. People are confused as to how LoL performs wonderfully for months on in, and after patches (because its the only noticable change people can point to), FPS drops. Maybe Adobe AIR released a minor update to its platform, RIOT distributes those new updates through it's launcher, or users decide to update it themselves because they want the latest and greatest.

Taking my PC for example (it's not great, so don't make fun of me now.)

CPU: Core 2 Duo Conroe E6600 @ 2.4ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 260 896MB
RAM: 4GB (Generic brand) DDR2 =(
PSU: Corsair 650W
MoBo: ABIT IL9 PRO
HDD: Seagate 500GB 7200RPM

I started playing League in December. It performed wonderfully until late February. Maybe it was heat, drivers, viruses, spyware/malware - or I had to repair league, update drivers or change the power settings.

I did all of that.

Temperatures look great. Drivers were up-to-date. No viruses, no spyware. Disabled all unnecessary windows services and turned everything off before playing League. Repaired the client - even re-installed at one point. Changed the power settings. Changed the power settings in NVIDIA's control panel to Max Performance. I even lowered league's graphic settings.

Kicker? League of Legends performed horribly (meaning even worse) when I lowered the video settings. They performed better on Very High

I even ended task for LolClient.exe. I put my Framerate setting to Benchmark (like it always has been) -- and it performs terribly.

This isn't my computer. Every other game performs just fine. League of Legends is the only culprit.

KeiferSutherland

03-17-2012

Bump. Not letting this thread go down. I want an answer.

IreScal

03-17-2012

Bump for geater knowledge

Anemona

03-17-2012

this was beautiful.
bump for demacia.

saccharinne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

bump. Closing out of the Adobe Air client while in game seemed to help my FPS drops for a bit, but I'm still having issues.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2012

This seems like a workaround, but it's a great workaround:
Have you tried downloading Gamebooster?
I am running on an Alienware and even I use it to squeeze what I can. At some point LoL was lagging on the lowest settings, I started using gamebooster and now I can run it full graphics (even with Shadows!).

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Anemona

03-17-2012

but having to use that on a game with such low requirements ):
(their "reasoning to this problem " was even that as lol consumes less resources than most of the other games, the game would throttle as the cpu would understand that it isnt needed to give so much power to it.
but if it was only that, we could fix it pretty easily by setting the computer to run always at full speed..)

saccharinne

03-17-2012

I'll download that program and try it in my next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemona View Post
but having to use that on a game with such low requirements ):
(their "reasoning to this problem " was even that as lol consumes less resources than most of the other games, the game would throttle as the cpu would understand that it isnt needed to give so much power to it.
but if it was only that, we could fix it pretty easily by setting the computer to run always at full speed..)
That's what you'd think. But changing the power settings to high performance doesn't really seem to be fixing this problem for most people. So I don't really know if that "reasoning" is the root of the problem. :/

KeiferSutherland

03-17-2012

I can tell you now that downloading software to enhance your PC's performance is not going to fix this issue. The problem is Adobe AIR, not your computers. Why would something stop functioning or perform any less than previously if nothing has changed on your end? Why would it effect such a large variety of people? As League of Legends progressively released updates, there's been a huge hit to performances ingame.

Whatever the issue may be, forcing your PC to allocate more resources to a program that's sucking it in like a blackhole may temporarily slow the issue down, but eventually the more it consumes, the more hungry it becomes. Using excuses like overheating or updating this driver or that driver, or forcing your PC to maximize performance just doesn't cut it. I'm thinking about contacting Adobe support. It's out of Riot's hands.

Anemona

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by saccharinne View Post
That's what you'd think. But changing the power settings to high performance doesn't really seem to be fixing this problem for most people. So I don't really know if that "reasoning" is the root of the problem. :/
that's just what they told us...
yeah, it felt like a lazy excuse and we still arent being able to play the game.

and it's only getting worse.