Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

feedback on 3v3 map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroV0

12-30-2012

so since the map is technically still in beta i thought I would submit some more feedback and my opinions on the map.

I still think the distance between the lanes is too small by the time someone calls mia or notices that someone is missing it is all over for the lane getting ganked this ties directly into my thought that this map is more like an ARAM with alters most of this map is team fighting and ganking their is little to no farming involved. removal of the speed shrine might help with this probablem but i think the distance between lanes needs to be greater. another idea is too make the minions worth more exp or gold this would discourage people leaving their lanes to gank because of the lost farm and exp.

turrets and inhibitors need more heath. i have died at level 1 while solo top and had my turret fall to 2 ad champs before i could respawn. put my team at a huge disadvantage. i have also done this to people before too its kinda rare but it happens and i think it needs to be addressed.

increase the alter capture time just by a little. it has happened multiple times where i see someone stealing my alter i run over to them and they get the alter before i can get there i think its a little ridiculous that i cant defend my alter without a dedicated jungler, which most people still criticize me for doing.

this is a little contradictory to my last suggestion but most games i play alters are just a nice bonus to who ever is already winning and causes the winning team to snowball harder and the losing team to get crushed faster, I dont know how to go about fixing this but this is what I have observed over multiple games since release.

the alter buff should be switched with vilemaw. as it stands i have never seen anyone go for vilemaw outside of ****s and giggles because they are already winning. I personally think they should swap the AD/AP boost on the alters with vilemaws attack speed boost.

these are my opinions and suggestions for fixing this map I think it could be a lot better then it currently is please feel free to constructively comment on some of my thoughts I am open to suggestions. also Teemo shrooms OP as heck on this map lol :P

Nerdsinc

12-30-2012

1. The distance between the lanes encourages aggressive game-play, which is inherently what threes was designed around.
Threes isn't meant to be for passive laning, it never has been. I remember in the old threes map when we were team-fighting the moment we hit level 3.
The exp for lanes are fine. If anything it's the jungle minion's EXP that needs a tweak.

2. While I agree that the turret's should do a percentage of your total health in damage, I disagree with the notion that they should have more health as that discourages risky push strategies which may slow the pacing down.
Inhibitors may benefit from a health increase though as it increases the time you are in the base destroying it, prompting more teamfights.

3. I completely agree with a slightly extended altar capture time as it would encourage map awareness. Jungling in threes is very viable and should be done with champions that have good ganking ability and good teamfighting ability.

4. The altars do not give too big of a buff overall IMHO, I've won numerous team-fights where the enemies had 2 altars captured. All you need to do is have a good and co-operative team.

5. Vilemaw can be a crucial tool to winning late game teamfights. Vilemaw can be taken the moment it spawns (smiteless) if you and your team know what you're doing. Teamfights at Vilemaw are also awesome if you can bait it to focus the enemy team.

Nerdsinc

12-30-2012

Oh yea, and Blackfire torch might need a nurf too... Damned Singed...