Why the ELO system is broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO ThraX View Post
You must of been one of those kids on my team..
Did one of them suggest to read the Summoner's Code instead of go into a rage and make other people not care if they win or not? Seriously, have you not seen that stats on acting rudely and losing versus being helpful and winning. When you help, you might actually make a friend or two that are good and continue to care about getting better.

Snipawolfe

12-31-2012

What's broken is your ability to carry your team. You were fed, but that doesn't mean you carried. Did you secure dragon? Did you ward? Did you gank?
You didn't lead your team to victory. Be a leader. Did you make sure they capitalized on every won teamfight? Were you kill oriented? Or objective oriented? Objectives win the game. Kills look nice but don't do much otherwise besides gives you a bit of gold.

LogicalTautology

12-31-2012

Your opponents are no better than your teammates. And frankly, if you're in the same Elo bracket for more than 10 games or so, you're no better than those teammates, either.

HybridLR1

12-31-2012

See the problem with allowing people to join queues with a full team is it puts some players at a disadvantage. If they don't have 4 friends who want to play ranked, or are level 30 or whatever the situation, then they are acquiring a random team whereas the enemy is a premade with communication.

I think allowing a maximum of 2 is perfectly fine because it's fair. For everyone complaining, realize that everyone has these same issues, so it's an equal playing field.

XxNoWorryxX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

I will not go back on this topic..but I see the need to review.. I think I agree with you on one point... I think you should be able to enter a 3 ppl in rankeds.. not duo.. 1 ppl more.. I think that if you got 3 people that know play 3 ppl can carry 1 match.. with 1 afk or troll or fed.. once I can win a game with my 3 friends.. i register on duo.. but my other friend register on same time than me.. and agree.. 1 fed and after afk all match we win.. was the best game of my life so far played.. obviously we take the best roles on team.. ( top adc and jungle) tank jungle tank top.. and adc vayne.. mid fed and after dc.. and suport low experience.. this match is really mark my life in games..but went 3 players (very good players) I only add good players and when anyone failed game I delete... I am very strict on games ..I do not accept mistakes

Jayfeather

12-31-2012

Why do you all think that the other team can't be just as AFK or stupid as yours? I mean, obviously you are all carry gods and your team is terrible - so why don't you just win it considering it would be a 1v0 statistically.

w0nderw4ll

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
ELO system is broken because you lost and treated your team like **** by telling them to kill themselves? Ever thought about following the Summoner's Code?
Typical thick headed response. That was a reaction towards how bad his team was

Chao195

12-31-2012

Its cause of people like you we don't get nice things.

Broken Soldier

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk9003 View Post
If only they had a way to allow a team of 5 to play together in ranked and have elo based off that.
This ^^^

Now you may be referring to a smaller group than 5 but more than 2 and if so I guess you're just going to have to bite the bullet or put together a 5 man if you want to play rift with a competent team.

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is bud.

YOLO ThraX

07-16-2013

Just to revisit this thread my ELO is now 1500. So to all the haters I say KYS