Why the ELO system is broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YOLO ThraX

12-29-2012

If you are only going to let a maximum of two players play together in ranked then why make the entire ELO system based off winning and losing? I am tired of playing ranked and getting people either unskilled, incompetent, AFK, or just plain trolls. Either they need to change the way the ELO is given by awarding points to not only wins but K/D/A or allow more then 2 people to go in as a team. This is just a random picture to describe the extent the game is broken.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps45f44aeb.jpg

Jerk9003

12-29-2012

If only they had a way to allow a team of 5 to play together in ranked and have elo based off that.

Gilest17

12-30-2012

if you got elo based on K/D/A everyone would just QQ about ks, and trolls would just let the other team kill them over and over

Meatflapz

12-30-2012

Good luck with that riot does not care that their system is broken, based on an outdated chess rating system from the 60”s. They seem to be content with how frustrating this is for their players.

I’m sure the next post will be from some smug senior member who will attempt to defend the current system while never admitting that even they don’t know how riot scores things to award elo

Voyles

12-30-2012

ELO system is broken because you lost and treated your team like **** by telling them to kill themselves? Ever thought about following the Summoner's Code?

YOLO ThraX

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
ELO system is broken because you lost and treated your team like **** by telling them to kill themselves? Ever thought about following the Summoner's Code?
You must of been one of those kids on my team..

xXxMagrothxXx

12-30-2012

i try to be polite to teams and talk tactics but get nothing but hate and feeding or leaving in response... just 2 games from today that my team failed in: http://puu.sh/1Hb5T http://puu.sh/1H6vh

xXxMagrothxXx

12-30-2012

i think i have had 1/5 teams today that have been decent

Iexy

12-30-2012

NEVER play Ranked as Solo Q. Either play with someone you know who is really good (as well as yourself) and you know both of you can carry the team, or don't play Ranked at all. That's what I do. I don't want to go below 900 ELO. I am currently 963 ELO, highest being 1073. 8/11. Lost 4 games in a row due to going in Solo Q. I either see Ranked as being 'You're going to win' or 'You're going to lose'. So don't chance it that you might win in Solo Q. Take a trustworthy teammate to DUO with.

Keyoshi

12-30-2012

I dont know how you guys get that low, But i've never been lower then 1100.... Its not any better at 1200+ its just as bad.