What are the most banned champs and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NikasaursHubby

12-29-2012

The ones I can think of are shen, alistar, blitz, amumu. I want to have a more in depth understanding why people ban these champs. If I missed any bans let me know.

NikasaursHubby

12-29-2012

bump

OjousamaLey

12-29-2012

who bans alistar? r u 800 elo?

HASHTAGPANTSU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Blitz: Grabs then knock up is strong
Alistar: cant reduce or cleanse out of his cc
Amumu: great game changing ult. Does absurb damage when built tanky ap but why did he get fed anyways
Shen: global ult saver

ZooYorker

12-29-2012

In my elo (1100-1200 range) Shen , blitz , amumu and alistar are the most banned. I dont know who gets banned in high elo though.. Anyway shen gets banned 'cause of his ability to split push , amumu because of his ult , ali because of his cc and blitz cause he wrecks disorganized teams.

Travosaga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Shen and Amumu have game changing ults and shen has an amazing ability to split push. Blitz's grab is one game changing non ults in the game and it makes him really frustrating to lane against. Alistar is also extremely frustrating to deal with because of how annoying and disruptive he is.

As far as other popular bans go, Malph not only has a game changing ult, but he's capable of putting out a large amount of damage while being very tanky. Kat gets banned because of her faceroll damage. Darius gets banned because nobody wants to deal with him in lane and his ult is rage inducing.

Criomhthann

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojousamaley View Post
who bans alistar? R u 800 elo?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha

no! Never post again!

NJ Gamer

12-29-2012

OP's name...

Henry Plainview

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criomhthann View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha

no! Never post again!
Alistar has actually dropped out of the top 10 ban list in all regions, although he hung on in NA the longest. With the jungle change and his countless nerfs, there's no reason to ban him anymore. People only do it out of habit.

chickenizgoodz

12-29-2012

Shen: his ult can save people from a gank make a 2v2 a 3v2. Plus it increases with HP which is extremely easy, his taunt is huge in teamfights, can splitpush all the time and ult in a teamfight when needed

Amumu: His ult is gamechanging

Malphite:Good against most top laners, his ult initate is extremely good, plus his AS debuff on the enemy adc is good as well

Blitz:1 grab is all you need to win a game, and he makes laning against him such a pain

Katarina: She gets banned every once in a while due to her passive reset, makes her huge in cleaning up a team fight

Talon/Panth: They are banned every once in a while, they destroy most mid laners with the new S3 items

Eve: sometimes is banned, global pressure, and she can one shot your adc or apc and in teamfights her ult makes her pretty tank

**Alistar isnt worth a ban nowdays, he's been nerfed a lot, and the new S3 jungle was an indirect nerf to him as well