To sate my curiosity.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adumu

12-30-2012

Is Veigar viewed, in Runeterra, as comic relief? Or is he actually a threat?

Because from the JoJ I read, where his genius plan to steal the pride and joy of Bandle City via balloon was foiled by geese, I can't help but feel he's along the vein of Team Rocket from the Pokemon Anime.

Is there anything else that elaborates more on him, specifically? Do people actually think he's dangerous, or is he not a very threatening figure, even knowing that he has vast magical powers?

MugenNightmare

12-30-2012

He is a VERY powerful mage....

I would think they see him as a threat since he seeks only to do evil, but not a major one?

Icebender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

he's powerful, but his size.... is not so threatening

Adumu

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenNightmare View Post
He is a VERY powerful mage....

I would think they see him as a threat since he seeks only to do evil, but not a major one?
Now, see, places like the Institute and the higher ups of city states may see him has a threat, but what about the general populous? Has he actually done anything to instill fear into the hearts of the masses? Does he ever actually get around to attempting to destroy the city-states like he intends to?

MugenNightmare

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumu View Post
Now, see, places like the Institute and the higher ups of city states may see him has a threat, but what about the general populous? Has he actually done anything to instill fear into the hearts of the masses? Does he ever actually get around to attempting to destroy the city-states like he intends to?
Bandle City has banished him and has a warrant for his arrest.

Zaun has no ties to Veigar and vice-versa and has no knowledge of him except from the League

Noxus is where Veigar was incarcerated, but with their out-view, do not see him as a threat, but a small annoyance.

Ionia would maybe see him as Zed?

Demacia sees him as a criminal

For the general populace, they see him as an "Odd" Yordle BEFORE he uses his dark magic.

Darkvolcan

12-30-2012

He's unsure of his identity because he's an angsty teenager, and his evil prowess falters around Lulu

Terrornoid

12-30-2012

I see him as the evil mage that everybody HAS to try to stop because he is so powerful, yet he always foils his own plans or just has plain bad luck. The people KNOW he's clumsy but they need to prepare just in case he gets lucky for once.

Adumu

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenNightmare View Post
Bandle City has banished him and has a warrant for his arrest.

Zaun has no ties to Veigar and vice-versa and has no knowledge of him except from the League

Noxus is where Veigar was incarcerated, but with their out-view, do not see him as a threat, but a small annoyance.

Ionia would maybe see him as Zed?

Demacia sees him as a criminal

For the general populace, they see him as an "Odd" Yordle BEFORE he uses his dark magic.
Alright, awesome.

I really want Veigar to actually do something major at some point, lol. Make a statement. I really like him XD

AgitatedOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Fun fact: team rocket as a whole is pretty damn evil, or at least is taken seriously as a threat (keep in mind, if Ash or the local 'super powerful super trainer guest star' wasn't around *read as: gym leader, Elite Four, 'chosen one' status like Ash, etc.*, then even the bumbling group in the anime are still a threat... even if they are a bit dim).

On topic, I think Veigar is evil... but he is evil in a Yordle kind of way.

Person: "Singed poisoned thousands of villages of Ionia"
Veigar: "Cliche and now no one is alive to fear him."
Person: "Mordekaiser steals souls and tortures them in the after life."
Veigar: "Then you have a bunch of whining souls taking up space, he didn't think that through."
Person: "A parade is in town celebrating the birthday of the town."
Veigar: "YES! I'll ruin this parade and all of the inhabitants will lose hope, they will be crushed by despair and see that their lives are meaningless. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Put simply, if you've ever seen Phineas and Ferb, Doofenshmirtz, that is all.