Ezreal Questions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yami Bakura

01-08-2013

Hey, im just getting into Ezreal and had a few questions.
First and my main question, What are the best runes to get for him?
Second, what item build should i aim for? (Attack power, mana...etc)
Thirdly, is any specific summoner spells to use? So far im guessing ignite as one.

Yami Bakura

01-08-2013

Also backing out during a char select screen, does that count against you torwards a ban/suspension? Noob question here "

broohaha11

01-08-2013

try looking up a guide for ezreal. A good source for this is solomid

Irrefrangible

01-08-2013

flat ad quints armor seals flat mr blues ad marks.
for masteries u go 21 offensive 9 util
spells flash/ignite
build- first big item is bt or ie then tf or iceborn gaunt then lw ga etc
max q then e then w

adc

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreVintage View Post
Hey, im just getting into Ezreal and had a few questions.
First and my main question, What are the best runes to get for him?
Second, what item build should i aim for? (Attack power, mana...etc)
Thirdly, is any specific summoner spells to use? So far im guessing ignite as one.
Take a look at solomid.net. It's a great website for builds and such. One tip: You better make sure you have an ad blocker on, since their website is full of ads.

Anyway, Ezreal is an ADC, which means he builds items that give AS and AD. A rough build is Zerker greaves, Trinity Force, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, Infinity Edge, and Guardian Angel. GA can be replaced with a Mercurial Scimitar, of course.

I like AD reds, armor pen quints (can be AD), armor yellows and MR/yellow seals. For masteries, I take the runes AwesomeFusion on youtube suggests - 21/9/0 for a late game or a long range (Caitlyn, Tristana, Ashe) hero, and 9/21/0 for everyone else (Ezreal, Draven).

Obviously you can take different runes and masteries and items based on the game,

Shallow Cubes

01-08-2013

I'm going to give you a disclaimer. This is just a suggestion, and by no means is this a static build to try (especially since I've put in a few situations to consider). Your build order should differ around your team composition, the enemy team composition, and how aggressive/passive your lane opponents are and how much you feel you can rely on your support/general sense of jungle timing.

Here's a build idea for you, given the current state of affairs:

- Start with BOOTS and 3 POTS.

- Depending on how your initial laning phase goes (or when you finally B or are forced to B), consider a DORAN'S or proceeding with the rest of this build. If you are behind, consider a DORAN'S. Consider a second DORAN'S if you are forced to B again before getting enough gold to proceed with the rest of your build. (These can and should be sold later for real items, since they are just utility for the time being).

- This part gets unorthodox since Ez can thrive off of a lot of mid-level items that build into great things later (e.g., SHEEN, BRUTALIZER, PHAGE). Normally, I'd go for SHEEN next, since it makes his Q hit like a truck early, but it really depends on how your lane is doing. If you're not having trouble chasing, then consider BRUTALIZER for more damage and CDR. If you need some slows, get PHAGE. Don't worry about having to complete Trinity Force early, since Zeal isn't that useful for Ezreal. Similarly, don't worry about completing Brutalizer into Youmuu's or Black Cleaver until later in the game (or if you happen to have a massive gold build up), since the CDR and damage is enough to help.

- IF... IF you happen to go B with a lot of cash early, consider a B.F. SWORD for the damage and get on your way to either an IE or BT. You may suffer a small set back in terms of damage output after getting the B.F. SWORD while saving to complete either the IE or BT, but IF you can complete those items fast, they really are a great early advantage.

- Late game, start completing items like IE and TF. Pick up a defensive item. This is up to you, depending on the enemy team composition or whatever is harassing you the most. Consider GA or BANSHEE'S VEIL. Instead of completing SHEEN into TF, you might also consider ICEBORN GAUNTLET. I'm seeing this more often than not, and it's a nice defensive and offensive item, since it provides a bunch of armor, AP, CDR, and an on-hit damage steroid that also slows.

adc

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Cubes View Post
I'm going to give you a disclaimer. This is just a suggestion, and by no means is this a static build to try (especially since I've put in a few situations to consider). Your build order should differ around your team composition, the enemy team composition, and how aggressive/passive your lane opponents are and how much you feel you can rely on your support/general sense of jungle timing.

Here's a build idea for you, given the current state of affairs:

- Start with BOOTS and 3 POTS.

- Depending on how your initial laning phase goes (or when you finally B or are forced to B), consider a DORAN'S or proceeding with the rest of this build. If you are behind, consider a DORAN'S. Consider a second DORAN'S if you are forced to B again before getting enough gold to proceed with the rest of your build. (These can and should be sold later for real items, since they are just utility for the time being).

- This part gets unorthodox since Ez can thrive off of a lot of mid-level items that build into great things later (e.g., SHEEN, BRUTALIZER, PHAGE). Normally, I'd go for SHEEN next, since it makes his Q hit like a truck early, but it really depends on how your lane is doing. If you're not having trouble chasing, then consider BRUTALIZER for more damage and CDR. If you need some slows, get PHAGE. Don't worry about having to complete Trinity Force early, since Zeal isn't that useful for Ezreal. Similarly, don't worry about completing Brutalizer into Youmuu's or Black Cleaver until later in the game (or if you happen to have a massive gold build up), since the CDR and damage is enough to help.

- IF... IF you happen to go B with a lot of cash early, consider a B.F. SWORD for the damage and get on your way to either an IE or BT. You may suffer a small set back in terms of damage output after getting the B.F. SWORD while saving to complete either the IE or BT, but IF you can complete those items fast, they really are a great early advantage.

- Late game, start completing items like IE and TF. Pick up a defensive item. This is up to you, depending on the enemy team composition or whatever is harassing you the most. Consider GA or BANSHEE'S VEIL. Instead of completing SHEEN into TF, you might also consider ICEBORN GAUNTLET. I'm seeing this more often than not, and it's a nice defensive and offensive item, since it provides a bunch of armor, AP, CDR, and an on-hit damage steroid that also slows.
I just have to ask - why do you feel the need to all-caps the names of items?

Also, yes, Iceborn Gauntlet is becoming core on Ezreal.

Shallow Cubes

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I just have to ask - why do you feel the need to all-caps the names of items?

Also, yes, Iceborn Gauntlet is becoming core on Ezreal.
For the TL;DR readers, at a glance.

LoudFootSteps

01-08-2013

ADC: I start boots and 3 pots. If I have enough on first recall, I buy BF Sword. Otherwise get a single Doran's blade, and afterwards Vampiric Scepter. From here it is your preference, to get either BT first or Trinity Force/Iceborn Gauntlet. BT gives good ad boost and sustain (Now gives as much ad as Infinity, so you dont usually start Infinity on Ezreal anymore). You build either Iceborn or Trinity per game. Trinity gives more damage output, so when I play adc Ezreal I do Trinity Force as a preference. Iceborn makes you slightly tankier, cooldown reduction instead of random stats like Trinity, larger mana pool, aoe slow instead of single target 25% chance slow on basic attacks (aoe slow is better), plus a slightly worse Sheen proc. I prefer to build BT first but starting Triforce or Iceborn Gauntlet is still viable. When building Triforce, Sheen>Phage>Zeal. Ezreal scales poorly with AS but well with AD. However, the Sheen proc is much better than a small AD and health boost. If I am not winning my lane or losing it, Guardian Angel comes afterwards. If I am winning Black Cleaver comes afterwards. I buy the other (GA or BC) after building the first one. Then I get Infinity Edge.

Bruiser Mid: In Season 3 this is actually pretty good. Start boots and 3 pots, don't buy Doran's items. Rush Iceborn Gauntlet, then get Black Cleaver/Frozen Mallet/Bloodthirster in any order (Might not want to buy Frozen Mallet first, you will lack in the damage department). I have never really gotten past this point when playing Bruiser Ezreal, considering I have only played him once, so I am not sure about the last item.

Hybrid Ezreal: I think in S3 this also works. Never tried it. Mobafire has a pretty good guide for it: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-ezreal-261604