Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

new trial option for every champions in the store

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vencu

12-30-2012

Quote:
The Renegadem:
Dude, be happy for the free champion rotation. It's great, how I found Viktor.

However, some champs seem to never go on f2p. Draven hasn't, I think. I don't see Fiora, and Jayce has yet to make an appearance.

But maybe, for a one game use, on SOME champs, a trial might be appreciated.

draven and jayce both made appearances 2 weeks after their release as is tradition for newly released champions

Vencu

12-30-2012

Quote:
drcool52:
it would be good if you could only use them in a co op vs ai or custom game. not in a norm or ranked

this^

1 time, co op V ai or custom would be fine

Kenitshi

01-01-2013

Well, in my opinion, 1 time is not enough to try a champion. That's why I suggest that the trial lasts a couple of hours, not only 1 game. But only co-op vs AI or custom would be fair

ScionoftheSnows

01-01-2013

Riot needs to make money somehow. That's why there is the option of IP - sure, it takes a while to earn, but it's no-risk. They also offer the free week rotation to test your champ, and MOST, if not all, new champs are released in FW about 2 or 3 weeks in. If you want the newest, you assume the risk that might entail.

I think Riot's model is completely fair, and they have no reason they should be expected to do this. Trust me, I know. I bought Volibear as my first ever 6300 champ purchase, and then he got uber-nerfed. He's still fun to play, but I have no expectation of getting a refund, just that Riot will eventually touch the champ up - and low and behold, Volty has confirmed there's going to be some work/testing done.

Cimis

01-01-2013

Something like this would be great but I don't think they should let it go without nothing. Maybe like for a 6300 get 24 hours pay 500 ip.

lonewolf787787

Recruiter

01-01-2013

Quote:
The Renegadem:
Dude, be happy for the free champion rotation. It's great, how I found Viktor.

However, some champs seem to never go on f2p. Draven hasn't, I think. I don't see Fiora, and Jayce has yet to make an appearance.

But maybe, for a one game use, on SOME champs, a trial might be appreciated.

Dude.... jayce has been free at least 3 times... where have you been

Sadistic Lulu

Recruiter

01-02-2013

with the champ rotations, that's how i found my true lovers with twitch and caitlyn.

hey, don't look at me like that, i love those two!

and i think the rotations lasting a week is pretty fair. but i would like to see more champs that cost 6300 IP, however...