new trial option for every champions in the store

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vencu

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegadem View Post
Dude, be happy for the free champion rotation. It's great, how I found Viktor.

However, some champs seem to never go on f2p. Draven hasn't, I think. I don't see Fiora, and Jayce has yet to make an appearance.

But maybe, for a one game use, on SOME champs, a trial might be appreciated.
draven and jayce both made appearances 2 weeks after their release as is tradition for newly released champions

Vencu

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcool52 View Post
it would be good if you could only use them in a co op vs ai or custom game. not in a norm or ranked
this^

1 time, co op V ai or custom would be fine

Kenitshi

01-01-2013

Well, in my opinion, 1 time is not enough to try a champion. That's why I suggest that the trial lasts a couple of hours, not only 1 game. But only co-op vs AI or custom would be fair

ScionoftheSnows

01-01-2013

Riot needs to make money somehow. That's why there is the option of IP - sure, it takes a while to earn, but it's no-risk. They also offer the free week rotation to test your champ, and MOST, if not all, new champs are released in FW about 2 or 3 weeks in. If you want the newest, you assume the risk that might entail.

I think Riot's model is completely fair, and they have no reason they should be expected to do this. Trust me, I know. I bought Volibear as my first ever 6300 champ purchase, and then he got uber-nerfed. He's still fun to play, but I have no expectation of getting a refund, just that Riot will eventually touch the champ up - and low and behold, Volty has confirmed there's going to be some work/testing done.

Cimis

01-01-2013

Something like this would be great but I don't think they should let it go without nothing. Maybe like for a 6300 get 24 hours pay 500 ip.

lonewolf787787

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegadem View Post
Dude, be happy for the free champion rotation. It's great, how I found Viktor.

However, some champs seem to never go on f2p. Draven hasn't, I think. I don't see Fiora, and Jayce has yet to make an appearance.

But maybe, for a one game use, on SOME champs, a trial might be appreciated.
Dude.... jayce has been free at least 3 times... where have you been

MisDerpina

01-02-2013

with the champ rotations, that's how i found my true lovers with twitch and caitlyn.

hey, don't look at me like that, i love those two!

and i think the rotations lasting a week is pretty fair. but i would like to see more champs that cost 6300 IP, however...