Why ranked is better than draft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arientus

12-29-2012

Ranked is where it really matters. Ranked is a place where people aren't afraid to pull out the dirty tricks up their sleeves to get a win, where it actually matters. Ranked is a place where you're looking for a challenge. Keep it there.

Draft, is a place to where you are looking for FUN. The wins don't matter, and the bans are for banning people you don't want to play against, to keep it FUN. Now why I say is it full of THESE people.

Subject A.

This one you just mute him instantly, file a report after, but never gets punished. This is the one that irritates you to no end by getting away with next to no health. Of course that would be all fine and dandy, but In their little heads, that wasn't enough. They have to go to all chat and type "LOLOLOL SUCH NOOBS CAN'T KILL ME." And be a jerk about it. Then when you finally do kill them, They spam the all chat YET AGAIN with either "OMG SUCH NOOBS 5 V ! MY TEAM SUCKS" or "TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH YOU FREAKING NOOBS".

Subject B.

The one who isn't afraid to grab the cheapest character they can find, (Teemo, Taric, Blitzcrank, Shen, Darius etc.) And play him just the reason they banned him for. Then go to all chat and start typing "HAHA THIS NOOB CAN'T DEAL WITH A SIMPLE -insert name here-" Mute is usually applied, but the playstyle still royally irritates you.

Subject C.

This time It's an ally. Usually this is the one who either A. Doesn't negotiate a role and instalocks a lane B. Doesn't talk at all and picks what he wants C. Picks what he says he'll pick. The last one wouldn't be such a bad thing, except: Usually the enemy is extremely high damage output. And usually the one they are playing against are being countered by Subject C. with an unintentional but good counter to said champ. That person pretty much throws the game. They feed the enemy champ with said high damage output, never calls MIA's when said champ roams, then blames the team for not helping Subject C. even though he counters him. Usually that person is either: A. "says" he's pro champ but it's really his first time B. Someone who feeds alot and instead of admitting it's his fault and learning from his mistakes, he blames them on others.

Subject D.

This one thinks it's funny and gets his kicks off of being totally disrespectful, and to top it off, is sometimes a troll or intentionally throws the game.

Subject E.

This one can occur as much as 4 on one team. Especially if you are in solo queue. Subject E(s) never talk in game and communicate, and ends in one of three outcomes. 1. Targets the tank and surrenders when the tank is not killed. 2. Surrenders even though the one NONE Subject E. Is capable of carrying their entire team and shows it. 3. Even though the entire team agrees to surrender, and they've lost, they still enjoy making the surrender bar look like a candy cane/lightsabre.

These are just SOME of the people you will find on draft lately. Yes, you will find them on Ranked, but they wont be as mean about it, and won't complain in /all chat about it. You might as well risk a few points that don't do anything for you anyway, because no matter what level ELO you are there will still be people like that.

ChiSqrd

12-29-2012

I hate people who justify choosing unorthodox or less than competitive champs in normal draft games with the reason that it's for fun. For fun is the same reason why I would prefer people to play competitive champions because I have fun when I WIN.

Alex60351

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
I hate people who justify choosing unorthodox or less than competitive champs in normal draft games with the reason that it's for fun. For fun is the same reason why I would prefer people to play competitive champions because I have fun when I WIN.
Normal's are a great place to try unorthodox strategies. If you want a try hard game go to ranked.