Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Has Riot ever posted that they would consider a UI swap?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plato83

12-29-2012

For purple team?

I played locked. I've read plenty of threads stating 'lockers' should just get used to the unlocked camera.

"Get used to it" is not a reason. It's an excuse.

It's not like zooming. It's not cheating. It's actually an unfair disadvantage any time I'm on the purple side. I'm pretty new to pvp, admittedly. Yes, I spent most of my time on bot games on the blue side.

However, it only *adds* to the experience to let me swap the upper and lower UI when I'm on the purple side. I have no problems whatsoever when I'm on the blue side. Purple drives me nuts.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to check what team you were on for your wins/losses, but I can't remember 1 game on the purple side I've won. Seriously.

Can someone point me to a post that Riot has ever stated they would look into this, or given a legitimate reason why they refuse to swap the UI?

It's getting to the point where I just groan every time I see I'm on the purple side, and makes me not want to play PvP because of the 50% chance I'm on a side that considerably detracts from my playing experience and my value to my team.

Thank you for reading.

Plato83

12-29-2012

Okay so I found this thread on page 3, sorry -

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2019392

made by a red compiling things.

It seems to me the main argument by Riot is that unlocked mode gives you more map awareness and it used by a majority of players. Also, they'd like to do colorblind mode first. (I'm not sure if they've already implemented that.)

So, because the team at the company thinks the players are better because of it, they don't want to change it? If a left-handed player complained that a right-handed mouse felt odd and was more difficult, you wouldn't give the option to change the buttons/key bindings?

Come on guys, that doesn't hold water.

Plato83

12-30-2012

Or perhaps a toggle might work? You can lock/unlock the camera at the press of a button. Why not flip the top and bottom of the UI at the press of a button?

One of the reasons given was that if you play with it locked, even if the UI was switched, you'd still have a problem moving in one given direction on the map, especially during teamfights or the jungle. If you implemented a toggle, it would solve the problem at the press of a button.

I'm more a fan of the fixed UI, but I'd be willing to compromise this way.

Arc Kalocal

12-30-2012

Call me a bad player but I just don't like using the unlocked screen. I've hoped for just the same thing, if not a toggle button I'd go for a further zoom out. I'm playing on a relatively large monitor and a further zoom out would just be tops.

Plato83

01-03-2013

I see what you are saying, but it still wouldn't fix the issue of the item/heal box obscuring more of the playing field for purple than it does for blue

Plato83

01-09-2013

I'm really curious with as many threads as are created regarding this very issue why it seems to be largely ignored/marginalized by Riot

Sindustry

Adjudicator

01-10-2013

If you press space bar while in unlocked mode, it will place the camera in locked position until you release it.

Just thought I'd mention this if it wasn't already known.

Plato83

02-13-2013

Quote:
Sindustry:
If you press space bar while in unlocked mode, it will place the camera in locked position until you release it.

Just thought I'd mention this if it wasn't already known.

For the record, I alternate between locked and unlocked depending on what I'm doing in-game. I appreciate the info, and yes, I did know. However, it still doesn't fix the lower part of the screen/game field being obscured

Plato83

03-06-2013

for anyone who reads this thread and would like to give feedback on the overall discussion in a Red post (hopefully that agrees with me! haha) it goes here -
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2019392