How can you be level 30 and still be insanely bad at this game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angelbelle

12-29-2012

Because like WoW (he said WoW, FLAME HIM!), maxing out your account level is just the beginning.

VexingRaven

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHatPerson View Post
they skipped the tutorial?
The tutorial doesn't teach jack about the game, honestly.

VexingRaven

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScarecrowBB View Post
It doesnt take long to reach lvl 30 and there is always something new to learn.
It took me several months to hit level 30, if you play a game for 2 months you should at least understand the basic concepts of the game and at least be trying to learn them. I regularly see people that don't even try to last hit, they just auto attack.

Foddie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

I was learning champion abilities, basics of the game. Certain roles, good and bad match ups and also I was learning not how to be a complete PRlCK to people just cause i lost.

Vamp13

12-29-2012

i played annie from level 1 to level 29.

lol I died again

12-29-2012

I once saw a guy who had 2k wins and did not know how to use Promote or Surge.
I had to go to the hospital after that game.

I broke a bone from facedesking so hard.

YuDanCha

12-29-2012

I played support almost every game to 30. I still can't really last hit.

...Or play any role remotely well besides support.

PrincessDerpy

12-29-2012

The same way you can get to max level in any MMO you care to name and not know anything about anything.

Level is only a function of how long you've played, not how well you've played.

Iliessa

12-29-2012

Hindsight is 20/20. Don't you remember what it was like the first time you started playing a game like this?

You learn that last hitting minions gives you gold during your first game, but that is not a priority. The first thing to figure out is how to not die every time you leave base. Your first assist gives you the taste of blood so you go for your own first bot kill, but they always seem get away with 50 hp. Every time you try to chase them down for the kill their turret just kills you first. You picked ignite/heal at the beginning of the game which would have secured the kill and saved your life but you always forget to use them.

Killing bots can't be that hard.. after all there always seems to be at least one person in your game who is 25/0/4 by 15 minutes.. but you don't know what "smurfing" means.

By around summoner level 20 you finally find a champ that you don't completely suck at. You've learned that tower diving is usually a bad thing. You're trying to last hit, but your lane partner always seems to be better at it than you are.. almost like they're deliberately timing their attacks perfectly to get it. You might have learned enough to be able to predict where the bot is going to go next so you're landing those skillshots more often.

Now you're level 30. You've got that shiny new Flash spell that seems to be everyones favorite, but you can't seem to use it efficiently, if you remember you have it at all. All that predicting ability you once had in those bot games is completely out the window now that you're playing normals. Everyone else is last hitting better than you... you don't know what all the champions do yet, so you're getting out-harassed. They tower dive you and you're 0/1 in the first 6 minutes of the game. You don't know much about junglers, you've never really needed wards before, so you push your lane too much and get ganked.. Heck even walking into your own jungle is enough to make your palms sweaty because your map awareness is complete ****.

Honestly, expecting people to be good at level 30 is a pretty tall order.

Kënfrot

12-29-2012

Took me forever to learn that killing creeps gives gold. I seriously mained jungle because I noticed it (xin release time frame)