Riot's getting real lazy with these champion names.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuwanger

12-29-2012

i struggle for like an hour just to think of a username if i wanna make a new account, so give them a break plus the names are fine and who really cares about names O.o? like honestly

Fathootz

12-29-2012

People are complaining about names now

shut the **** up and acquire ELO

NeoScout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

I agree, they can't come up with awesome names like gangplank, fiddlesticks, hemierdinger etc anymore

Nid is Cancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp49345 View Post
Vi, Nami, Zed, Elise, Kha'Zix, Syndra, Rengar, Diana, Zyra, Jayce.

Last 10 champions. I honestly can't see anything common or lazy with them, besides Zed or Vi. These names are original and seem to be fine.
Vi: Roman Numeral
Nami: The name of a character in One Piece and a common name for Japanese restaurants.
Zed: Thats how we pronounce Z in Canada.
Elise: THIS IS A COMMON NAME. How do you not find that lazy? They took Elise instead of Priscilla, The Spider Queen.
Kha'Zix: This is one of their combination of two words name. Slightly creative.
Syndra: Creative again. Most creative on this list.
Rengar: Riot had a surge of creativity here. Still, look at the names before these 3.
Diana: Really? This is another common woman's name. Don't even try to tell me Diana is creative.
Zyra:Hey, another good name. However, they could've got it from Zira from The Lion King.
Jayce: Not-very-common male name. This is the name of a secondary character in a book series called The Mortal Instruments. Not creative at all.

So 4/10 of those were creative. Most were just regular names or copies of names that are easily generated by a walk around the neighborhood at Riot HQ.

KUNG FU GU

12-29-2012

inb4 next name is Qi.

Parkerdude

12-29-2012

Why on earth is this getting upvoted... is the community really that stupid?

Teraxe

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryoshell17 View Post
(From Wikipedia)

In Roman mythology, Diana (lt. "heavenly" or "divine") was the goddess of the hunt, the moon and birthing, being associated with wild animals and woodland, and having the power to talk to and control animals. She was equated with the Greek goddess Artemis, though she had an independent origin in Italy. Diana was worshipped in ancient Roman religion and is revered in Roman Neopaganism and Stregheria. Dianic Wicca, a largely feminist form of the practice, is named for her. Diana was known to be the virgin goddess of childbirth and women. She was one of the three maiden goddesses, Diana, Minerva and Vesta, who swore never to marry.

Oak groves were especially sacred to her. According to mythology, Diana was born with her twin brother Apollo on the island of Delos, daughter of Jupiter and Latona. Diana made up a triad with two other Roman deities: Egeria the water nymph, her servant and assistant midwife; and Virbius, the woodland god.
are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

SWORD OF ALLAH

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodyn View Post
I like namis name. Means wave in japan
What does tsu, mean? BIG MOTHA ****IN?

Amazinq

12-29-2012

i wish Riot changed fizz to Fizz Khalifa..

Ben is stupid

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
Why nothing cool like Charlemagne, Brutus, Bartholomew, Francois, etc?

Wouldn't be surprised of next champion was named U.

I guess they need to keep the name simple since Phreak's pronounciation is atrocious.
"LeBlenrrrr."
"Wu-Kuunununng."
Watched leblanc spotlight, died laughing Leblenrrr