can anybody explain me this elo thing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReedSign

12-29-2012

well im very surprised ive seen people with 10-0 first ranked games and getting 1400 elo
as ive seen 9-1 people with 1285 elo like this one http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/32210523
btw how do riot manage elo in diferent account because if i do remember ive seen ocelote like 6-4 with 1500+ elo and its completely ridiculous the way its diferent for everyone.
for example last season ive been 6-4 in the first 10 ranked games and i was like 1180 so its kindda unfair so can anyone explain me how this 10 games are supposed to give elo?

adc

12-29-2012

It was a soft reset. So if you started at 1100 because you were 1k pre-reset, you'll get to like 1.5k if you go 10-0. A 1400er that goes 10-0 will have been 900-1k. Ocelote would have started at something like 1500 Elo.

DxXSkyXxD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Like he said above, the soft reset at end of season 2 puts you in a elo point depending how you did on the end of season 2. I was around 1400's end of season 2 and started season 3 with 1325. So naturally higher elo players would start season 3 at a higher elo. There's also double elo on your first couple of games. Not 100% sure on exactly how it works but you do gain/lose more elo during your first 50 games in order to get to your elo "skill level" quicker. This decays slowly the more games you play. So a player losing their first 5 games and winning the next 10 would gain less elo than a player winning their first 10 games and losing the next 5.

Vaenilskil

01-03-2013

Sure I can explain its a failed program made by the Interns at Riot that are secretly trying to destroy companies 1 at a time lol Elo is a Fail along with their Match A Ranking system. SO Dont worry yourself to much.

Snarglefargen

01-03-2013

I think when you first start ranked you start at an elo based on your normal (hidden) elo. So a pro's smurf account would probably have a much higher normal elo that the average player leading to a higher ranked elo upon first joining ranked.