Nami is... A little underwhelming?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carmilia

12-30-2012

Really low ms.

> Q's way too easy to dodge if you see it coming. The travel speed is just way too slow.

> W is alright, but once you cast it twice, you're already oom.

> E is probably the skill i dislike the most. Serves hardly any purpose other than having your carry poking around.

> R is alright, but surely not an initiation skill.

She feels easily outperformed by any other support, be agressive or not.

QuentinWarden

12-30-2012

Underwhelming? Hell no. She's imo one of the best (if not the best) supports that can stop an enemy team dead in its tracks. Sure, she can't initiate as well as leona, but she can dominate a lane and team fights with her massive cc potential.

Hard to play well? Yes.

Carmilia

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinWarden View Post
Underwhelming? Hell no. She's imo one of the best (if not the best) supports that can stop an enemy team dead in its tracks. Sure, she can't initiate as well as leona, but she can dominate a lane and team fights with her massive cc potential.

Hard to play well? Yes.
I can do what Nami does with Lulu or even Janna 100 times better.

Aeolian Melodies

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinWarden View Post

Hard to play well? Yes.
Janna wants a word with you.

Oh, and that big wave of yours, Nami? It's pretty much my Q on an ult.

CynicalGiant

12-30-2012

Nami doesn't feel new or interesting, and her effects are hard to notice.

Dante Brimscone

12-30-2012

Nami's not built for random teammates as much as she is for coordinated teams. Everything about her kit relies on others knowing when and how to follow up on what she does. It's just more of a crapshoot because she's really dependent on your ADC not being a derp.

It's not necessarily that others are better but that they are much safer/more reliable.

Aeolian Melodies

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
Nami doesn't feel new or interesting, and her effects are hard to notice.
I think she has a great concept behind her, however, the result feels underwhelming... I mean I've played her, and every time I did I felt like I could've picked Janna and do the same job, only better.

Saigo Getsuga

12-30-2012

She has a lot of utility to be underwhelming.
She is not good in uncordinated teams.

karma is underwhelming

Cenerae

12-30-2012

Q is like any other skillshot. If you can predict your opponent's movements it's fine. Or you can use it in conjunction with ally CC to stun people forever. It's probably her strongest skill outside of her ult.

W is mediocre, but not a bad skill for early-mid game. Much less mana intensive than other heals out there, and it does damage at the same time.

E is actually good, but nobody realises when you give it to them. It's not necessarily a carry booster, since it only lasts 3 shots anyway. Sometimes it's better to give it to someone who can actually use the slow better, like maybe your bruisers.

R is strong, but needs thought on when to use it. Tossing it out randomly and hoping it'll initiate is stupid. Using it in a narrow pathway (ie, the jungle) makes it much harder to dodge without blowing flashes or wall blinks. Using it in conjunction with an actual initiation spell on the other hand, makes it amazing.

She needs team co-ordination to shine. So she probably does feel useless if you're playing with randoms.

Aeolian Melodies

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Brimscone View Post
Nami's not built for random teammates as much as she is for coordinated teams. Everything about her kit relies on others knowing when and how to follow up on what she does.
That much can be said for any support whose name is not Soraka. I can say it for Janna, I can say it for Lulu, I can say it for Taric, I can say it for Leona. That doesn't mean they're underwhelming. Of course supports work better if they are with a premade, that's the nature of what they are.