Getting back into Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MellowMelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Hey all,

I'm not sure if anyone remembers me at all. I played a LOT of draft Dominion about a year and a half ago. I quit when JabeBot was disabled, making DOM ELO invisible. I capped ELO somewhere around 2000.

I've been thinking of picking it back up, but it seems so DAUNTING considering the amount of changes that have occurred since I last played. For the record, I last played Dominion on the Fiora patch.

Is Dominion in a good state to play? Is it still fun after all of the changes in items and such? Would anyone be willing to lead me back to the way of the light?

naotasan

12-29-2012

A lot has changed. Be sure to update your general tier listing with Sauron's list. It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn close. (Note: It's made for high level of play, not for low level)

He has a list of items that are strong too.

Additionally, there is a competitive circuit for Dominion hosted by The Feedski.
Check it out. http://www.dominatedominion.com/

Duarack5

12-29-2012

Hi
My name is Kha'Zix
I kill everything here.

bierfaust

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarack5 View Post
Hi
My name is Kha'Zix
I kill everything here.
Unless it's standing next to a teammate then im an easy kill.

HaIfhearted

12-29-2012

Ok, so you've missed out on a bit.
Kassadin is still broken op, but Teemo now stands next to him.

Rammus and WW sort of fell out of favor, although they are both still really damn strong, Urgot has also fallen from grace a bit, although he is also still really strong.

Ezreal is the strongest overall ADC, Eve got reworked and is now op, Sejuani is actually viable now and is slated for more buffs, and bot lane dynamics have shifted around slightly.

You shouldn't have *too* much trouble getting back into it. Just spend a few days shaking off the rust and you'll be fine.
Oh yeah, and draft is dead as a doornail. R.I.P. Dominion draft.

By far the best place to hang to get a feel for the meta and stuff would be the DominateDominion chatroom.
Join us, and go ahead and set the room to auto-join at startup while you're at it ^_^

NamKim

12-30-2012

Also, I believe that even hidden normal elo has decay. So, since you haven't played in a while, your elo is probably significantly lower now. However, I am confident that you can work your way up. I'm just saying don't get frustrated in your first few match games because your teammates are worse than your remembered.

Das Strychnine

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Also, I believe that even hidden normal elo has decay. So, since you haven't played in a while, your elo is probably significantly lower now. However, I am confident that you can work your way up. I'm just saying don't get frustrated in your first few match games because your teammates are worse than your remembered.
Normal elo doesn't decay.

Source: Experience.

NamKim

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Strychnine View Post
Normal elo doesn't decay.

Source: Experience.
Oh...well...my mistake. Thanks for correcting me.

So, ignoring what I said before. I suggest making a custom game to get accustomed to the new items. Or just go on league of legends wikia, which is what I would just do...

MellowMelon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Thanks for all the advice. I'm a bit disappointed that draft DOM is dead. I only played draft back in the day. Is it dead because of wait times? I know when I played the queue was 20-40 minutes per game.

NamKim

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowMelon View Post
Thanks for all the advice. I'm a bit disappointed that draft DOM is dead. I only played draft back in the day. Is it dead because of wait times? I know when I played the queue was 20-40 minutes per game.
I believe it is mostly the wait time. I remember someone here saying something along the lines "If I was guaranteed to get a game after a 40 queue time, I would play draft."

Another person went into draft queue and waited so long that the timer actually went back to 00:00.

Unfortunately, Draft being dead just means Blind Pick where people abuse the Broken/OP champs.