Honor Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

12-30-2012

I just finished a game where I honestly wanted to report my entire team. Why? Because they were super cool, super chill, all criticism was constructive not insulting. No excessive us of inappropriate language, no noob calls, no spazzing, raging, afking, or otherwise toxic behavior. I wanted to report them so everyone on the Tribunal could experience how the game should be which got me thinking. Why not have an honor tribunal where players can be reported for exceptional behavior and rewarded for it. The idea builds off the current honor system, but instead of just honoring someone after a game, they could be reported just like a negative report and voted on by the community. Any thoughts?

Tadrage

12-30-2012

I like this idea. I would hope it could be fairly successful, but who knows. Good idea.

Gimpyloser

12-30-2012

I think it would go a long way toward improving behavior within the community by further incentivising positive play. I am sure it would be successful. I know I'd vote in it, same as I do with the Tribunal.

Relto

12-30-2012

Not a bad idea. Promoting positive players would probably do a lot more good than just REPORT REPORT REPORT REPORT REPORT

ARainbowBunchie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

I totally got the wrong idea from reading the first statement, but I do like the idea. Something tells me it's subject to abuse, though.

EDIT: Also, I do believe the honor buttons serve that specific purpose. Friendly, Helpful, Teamwork? I suppose if you wanted to honor more than just that this idea would be justified.

Shelzin

12-30-2012

Eh... If 98% of the people playing the game isn't so much as warned... It'll be something that 98% of hte people would have... In which case... It really doesn't mean anything.

Might as well give every new player a badge that says "never been warned/banned" and it's taken away when they are.

KaoSasin

12-30-2012

I think there should be a credibility system of some sort.
If a person get multiple positive reports, they will have an increase in credibility that is viewable on their profile (sort of like elo)
I think this should also effect how important their own reports are.
If a player with a lot of credibility report someone for negative behavior, that player will have higher chances of being put on the tribunal/get banned.
If a player with high credibility reports someone for good behavior, they get a slightly higher boost than if a low credibility player were to report them for good behavior

Gimpyloser

12-30-2012

Kao I think the tribunal works in a very similar way to what you are describing. Players who spam report are less likely to have that report matter than someone who rarely reports. It go a step further though.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Wait, isn't this what giving honor is supposed to be for?

Gimpyloser

12-30-2012

Yea it's what honoring a player is for. I just thought we could take it a step further, increase rewards, increase the incentive for positive behavior within the game, and give the tribunal junkies something to do after they finish the 20 cases.