LoL forum double standard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indari

12-29-2012

When a person takes a side thats widely people dont like, they have to be reeeaaal careful about what they say to not be called a d-bag. When its the other way around, the community is much more lenient.

What do?

UrsaMinor

12-29-2012

Don't give a fck?

wwong3

12-29-2012

Indari, I just opened a post about DotA and I started with 2+. In my post I told people who vote on the poll to state their reasons, 1/4 of the voters chose the troll option (THANK GOD I PUT THAT THERE), thumbs downed my post, and then went off on their way. I know damn well that feeling XD. Take some precautions, and like UrsaMinor says, just give zero ****s man. Know these are children who's expressing their rage at their inability to comprehend as well as their stubbornness to ... ironically give a F* about your position. You're better than they are, may it be for age or maturity, or just plain not being a stupid Mo-Fo. Take it easy brah!

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

The upvote and downvote is just a show of approval or disapproval of someone's opinion. It does not imply they necessarily hate you.

However, by posting an objectionable opinion you make it easier to seem like you are insulting because you are starting off on someone's bad side. I would recommend reconsidering how you post, because if you try looking from an opposing view it may be more obvious of what you are doing wrong.

Either way why would the number of upvotes matter, you don't get anything off of it.

Jesus the Friend

12-29-2012

OP must be a mega bleeding vag.

Who cares what other people think, you shouldn't live your life based on the approval of others, even online.

etc etc.

wwong3

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
The upvote and downvote is just a show of approval or disapproval of someone's opinion. It does not imply they necessarily hate you.

However, by posting an objectionable opinion you make it easier to seem like you are insulting because you are starting off on someone's bad side. I would recommend reconsidering how you post, because if you try looking from an opposing view it may be more obvious of what you are doing wrong.

Either way why would the number of upvotes matter, you don't get anything off of it.
You know that's not true. For example, the post I opened didn't state an opinion, it asked for other people's opinions given a set amount of choices. For more proof look at the CoD community, the DotA community, the youtube community, the LoL community, the HoN community... The list goes on, as you may already know. Most people are simply ignorant narcissistic egotists at heart. Look at religion and their hold on the people.