@ Riot: update your damn account security. Please read.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ioannides511

12-29-2012

Here's the biggest issue: You can change the email of a given account by not even knowing the old email. This makes it 100 times easier for hackers, and gives the players absolutely nothing to do about their accounts being hacked.

How to solve?: When attempting to change the email associated with an account, make it mandatory that the user provide the old email used, and then send a verification email to the OLD email, to acknowledge the user attempting to change email association with the League of Legends account.

What does this solve?: When players get hacked, instead of us having absolutely nothing to do besides sending a support ticket and waiting a whole week for a reply (because email association changing is so easy as it stands), we can recover our accounts BY OUR SELVES instead of having to wait on a Riot employee, which could take over a week if not more.

Now, why am I writing this? Yes, my account got hacked recently. I submitted a ticket 3-4 days ago, and still have not received a response. I like to know I can take action and recover my own account if the password gets changed, which I cannot do due to the current account security (which is garbage), and the fact hackers can easily change the email associated with the account without even knowing the old email, or any verification. I am highly disappointed in Riot and the way they handle account security, a gaming company of this magnitude (#1 online game), should establish a far better way to keep the players' accounts safe.

ioannides511

12-29-2012

xalitude

12-29-2012

SAME HERE! still no reply...

Syfiotic