Letís Play Hide and Seek with Prandine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prandine

12-29-2012

Let's Play Hide and Seek with Prandine

Hello everyone, and welcome to my hide and seek game. I know there are some other rules out there, but with all the craziness that goes on in terms of rules, I figured I'd make some of my own in hopes of settling some disputes/confusion amongst fans of this game mode. Note that I did not originally create hide and seek, only these sets of rules that you see below. Also, note that this list is not perfect and is subject to change when needed, so there's that.

The following threads are what I referenced to help make these rules that are shown below the links (the rules are also based off of what I've been seeing in hns games).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=hide+seek
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=hide+seek

My hide and seek group (my group dedicated to playing hide and seek games) can be found here.

Basic Premise

Hide and seek is a mini-game that's played on the crystal scar map. There are 2 teams in hns.

Team 1: 5 hiders
Team 2: 2 seekers

Hider's goal: Survive for 40 min and avoid getting killed 5 times within that time frame.
Seekers goal: Kill each hider 5 times within 40 min.

When a winner is announced, either the losing team surrenders or the winning team captures the points. If you want to just end it fast then and there, then surrender. If you want to mess around a little bit longer, then capture points.

Game modes it's played in

Blind pick mode: In this mode, you can't see what the other teams picking, and so in the interest of fairness, the following champions can't be picked in this mode: Ashe, rengar, twisted fate, evelynn, teemo, shaco. If anyone chooses these champs, then they'll be disqualified from the game (just cap and re-host if/when this happens).
Draft pick mode: In this mode, the top/first player of each team will select and ban 3 champions each, so there's really no set bans in this mode as the bans are up to the teams themselves.
Random pick mode: Pretty self-explanitory, all the champs in this mode will be randomly selected by the computer, so even though you really have no way of knowing what champs everyone you get, it sure does definitely make for some interesting match-ups, that's for sure.

Rules for hiders

Hiders can only use cc (crowd control) abilities on hiders.
Using auto-attacks or non-cc abilities isn't permitted, nor is killing seekers.
Hider's cannot go back to base until they die.
Hider's can hide in bushes, but only 3 to a bush at a time until 20 minutes in, then it's 2 to a bush. When a seeker is recalling, you cannot intentionally attack or kill them.
When you're out of lives, do not interfere with the match in any way, shape or form.
If your champion happens to auto-attack on their own accord, then you aren't penalized for it.
If you constantly interfere with the match and refuse to stop, then the seekers get +1 minute to seek for the remaining hiders.
While out you may get items to test different things like speed, defense, attack speed, etc. and if given permission you may also test out different choke pointsĚ on the map to help in future games (so long as you try not to interfere with the rest of the match that is). Otherwise you must stay outside in the outer ring or in the base.
Let me make this rule perfectly clear for those who find doing this funny: DO NOT keep constantly cc'ing the seekers to the point where they constantly have to go back to the base. It's fine if you're trying to help a teammate get away from a foe, but otherwise, don't overdo it with the amount of cc you use.
Give seekers time to recall. If they're low on health and you're constantly ccing them, then they don't have enough time to recall, so don't use excuses like "you should've gone back" or "go back" when you won't give them time to go back.
Don't spam traps (i.e. place a bunch of traps inches from each other); one trap per bush is enough to give vision and help your team escape.

Rules for seekers

You must wait until 2:00 to initially leave the base.
You may use any means necessary to get the hiders out, however you must give hiders a 30 second grace period after they revive to hide again (it's not fair to the hiders if they get immediately attacked without being given a chance to hide again).
When you're below 300 health, you must recall back to the base.
When a hider is out, try not to attack them and focus on the remaining hiders.
Attacking and/or killing an out hider unintentionally won't penalize you, but intentionally killing them will result in that out hider getting an extra life (the exception is if they constantly attack you and refuse to stop).

Hider item rules

Rylais Crystal Scepter is allowed, however it doesn't let you use non-cc abilities (i.e. hecarim's spirit of dread, singed's poison trail, nidalee's javelin toss, etc).
You cannot use thornmail for the damage return. Blackfire torch and sunfire cape are also not allowed because of the burning effects they have (you could unintentionally kill a seeker with these item due to the damage they dish out).
Only 2 phantom dancers or zephyrs are allowed for each player; multiple zeals are fine though.

Seeker item rules

Lightbringer isn't allowed until 20 minutes in.

General item rules

One slow item is allowed per team (i.e. if one player gets an item like frozen mallet or rylai's crystal scepter, then that means you can't get the same or similar item as well).
Guardian angel is not allowed (for the revive and high defense/health obviously).
Regarding twin shadows and hextech gunblade, if you get them when your partner already has a slow item, so long as you don't use their active abilities, then they're allowed.
The Clairvoyance summoner spell isn't allowed for any team as it grants vision.
Oracles are not allowed until 15 minutes in and only one person can have an oracles active at a time (nothing wrong with having an oracles in your inventory for later).

Champion specific rules for hiders (WIP)

Singed: Poison trail does NOT count as cc, so you can't use this.
Leblanc: Sigil of silence is not cc as it requires you to use another skill while the mark persists.
Hecarim: Spirit of dread does not count as cc as it's a life-steal ability. Rampage also doesn't count as cc as it damages the foes and dealing damage with it only reduces that abilities cooldown and not the ones of your other abilities.
Ezreal: You can only use arcane shift, as though mystic shot reduces ezreal's cooldowns, it's not cc by itself. Also, if you wish to use your ultimate, trueshot barrage, it must be for vision purposes only.
Lux: Final spark can be used for vision purposes only.
Nunu: When using absolute zero, if the enemy is trying to escape, don't activate it again early, as that only means you're trying to deal damage to them and not just slow them down. The exception to this is if a seeker is low on health and you're afraid that your ultimate will kill them; in that case then it's okay to cancel it early.
Kha'zix: Evolving enlarged claws does not count as cc, as the ability only does damage and has no form of cc on its own. Technically you can still evolve enlarged claws, but there would be no point since your other abilities would benefit more from the evolution points than the q ability would.
Malzahar: You can only use call of the void and nether grasp. Since the voidlings summoned by malzahar's summon voidling passive can't be controlled, malzahar receives no penalty for it so long as he doesn't intentionally use abilities just to get the voidling out and running.
Kassadin: Nether blade doesn't count as cc, meaning you can't use it to attack a seeker with. However, if your plan is to use it to activate force pulse faster, then it's fine.
Blitzcrank: Power fist is the sole-exception to the auto-attack rule as it's required for a knock-up. Other than that, auto-attacks are still banned for hiders.
Corki: You can only use phosphorous bomb and valkyrie for the vision and jump/dash respectively.
Varus: Only hail of arrows (for the slow and healing reduction) and chain of corrpution (for the snare) are permitted.
Kennen: Using lightning rush to escape and place a mark of the storm on an opponent for the passive is fine.
Yorick: The only ghoul you can't use is the ravenous ghoul summoned omen of famine as it counts as life-steal.
Akali: You can only use twilight shroud as it gives you invisibility and slows the enemies that are inside it.
Karma: You can only use heavenly wave to heal allies via mantra, however you cannot use mantra on soul shield as it just does damage if you activate the shield with the mantra bonus active on it.
Nami: Ebb and flow is fine when you're trying to heal your allies. If it hits an enemy while you're trying to heal your allies, then there's no penalty so long as you didn't target an enemy with it first.
Anivia: You can't use frostbite as it's not a cc ability. All other abilities are fair game.
Gangplank: You can use parrrley as it slows thanks to his passive.
Nocturne: Duskbringer cannot be intentionally fired at an enemy as it doesn't count as cc (you can still use it for the increased ms (movement speed) though, so there's that). Also, paranoia cannot be used to dash to an enemy champion and only used for the removed ally sight (nocturne cannot use this when he's out).
Tristana: The only abilities you can use as her are rocket jump and buster shot.

Tips and strategies

Hiders: Work together to help your allies escape and survive the seekers. Since this is a team game, working together will ultimately help you win, just try not to over-do it with the amount of cc you use on the seeker opponents. Also, depending on the champ you play, abilities that give any kind of vision can help allot when it comes to tracking down foes.
Seekers: Try to cut running hiders off at the pass: doing this will increase your chances of taking down a hider. Also, depending on the champ you play, abilities that give any kind of vision can help allot when it comes to tracking down foes.

Other rules

Don't capture points. Since this is hide and seek and not a normal dominion match, capturing points is useless and is just a troll-ish move in general. The only exception to this is when a winning team has been announced and the losing team refuses to surrender.
If someone decides to troll and refuses to stop despite your multiple pleas asking them to stop, then just cap points and re-host the game without the troll(s).
Don't be a jerk/troll in the game. People play games to have fun, so going in a game and trolling (either for fun and/or when things don't go your way) just makes you look like an ordinary troll.
Be respectful. Yelling, raging and cursing at your teammates and/or enemies because they did something you don't like just makes you look an immature person. If you're gonna tell them what they did wrong, do it in a constructive and respectful manner.
Treat others the way you want to be treated. If you wanna be treated with respect and kindness, then show some of that yourself. Likewise if you wanna be treated with disrespect and rudeness, then show some of that yourself.
Storm shields are fair game for both teams (this is the only exception to the no capture rule). Hiders, if you have a storm shield and are uncertain if your next ability will kill a seeker or not, then err on the side of caution and don't use a cc ability on them,
Contrary to popular belief, hide and seek does not have to be played in just draft mode. Playing it in blind pick mode and random pick mode can be just as fun, entertaining and enjoyable as playing it in draft, so don't think that draft is the only mode hns can be played in, as it's not.
In one of my games of hide and seek (i.e. my most recent game) one of the players that trolled said that "they're are no rules, it's not an official riot game lol". Let me just make one thing perfectly/very clear; just because this isn't an official game mode made by riot DOESN'T mean you can act up and ignore the rules of this game mode. Even though this game mode was made by fans, people play it to have fun, so if you don't have enough respect/decency to follow the rules when you join a hide and seek lobby, then please just do us all a favor and don't bother joining or playing at all.
Overall though, just use some common sense when playing any game and you should be fine.

Ban list

Note that the following people are barred/banned from h&s games due to trolling and/or refusing to listen to reason, so if they join your games, just ban them right away.
----------------------
Warmturtle1374
synMAX
Mage and Warrior
Adola
quinteraldair
Froz3nH3l
STAGOR22
Kasey8
Gryphon48
So FrEsH XD
Therisol
DoNotVoteForMe
SuperDude909
wearbear111
1puppucop1
LegendaryChaos
Guilty man0409
TommyTwoShoes
Ailel
BloodSiphon RS
HU soliders
ChessusKRust
gxss
MegaMage246810
xxmimXXmimxx
WeDontQQ
WhitestKidUn0
Zombiehunter1391
SaRf
Luffy 3
IM BEASTY BOY
KillerAxe
A Simple Flame
Meltoric
B345Tmode
HeLLGoD
DeathIllusion
Woweyz
buckamate
guidowOW
StaticSparks
Zone1005
DesShadows
TheReaperOfGod
DrDix
Quickshot27
Wille209
HeidLightZ
jrspartan99
BehindYouStupid
soulstunner
EmeroPBE
MonkeyDRuffy123
Auroral
Pro Player Here
TheWG
TheXZ
BoringIdiot
CascOnSiNn
Lord Zuzu
R1pZGrowsBack
Best Rengar NA
mrchipmunk
marchipw
maxracer92
VyseDLuffy
IldaSaulic
You Could Have
Arcanae
EpicGamerz6666
Optimus Taco
D3luX V
Yui Akisaya
shadowfox2000
Love Docta

I hope you enjoy this, thank you for your time and until we meet again gamers, happy gaming.

MrBlankk

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Can you please Blacklist these people as they kept auto attacking and building offensive stats to kill me and the other seeker, when we told them to stop they started capturing points and killing us more.

buckamate

guidowOW

StaticSparks

Zone1005

DesShadows

Edited to add more names:

Wille209

HeidLightZ

jrspartan99

Prandine

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlankk View Post
Can you please Blacklist these people as they kept auto attacking and building offensive stats to kill me and the other seeker, when we told them to stop they started capturing points and killing us more.

buckamate

guidowOW

StaticSparks

Zone1005

DesShadows

Edited to add more names:

Wille209

HeidLightZ

jrspartan99
All have been added to the list.

Mk5StrikerEureka

01-06-2013

Avoid soulstunner he/she is a huge troll

Archeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

I'm 99% positive that calling people out is against forum rules.

Prandine

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeer View Post
I'm 99% positive that calling people out is against forum rules.
I don't know if it is or not, but regardless the purpose for the hns ban list is so people don't get paired with/against a troll by mistake. People play hns to have fun, and people going in with the sole intent to troll just takes away that enjoyment factor.

robdanram08

01-09-2013

mxracer92 big cheater i ulted him had him dead to rights and he recalled back to base

Dittochu

02-21-2013

zetsuro
japock
xVengeancex

Please add these three trolls to the list.