Ryze on TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-29-2012

I'm not a ryze player, but I was wondering from those that are experienced, how is ryze on TT? It seems to me like a mage that does well building somewhat defensive and naturally requires getting in your face would work well for TT, but I haven't heard of people using him much. Is he actually good? and what are his strengths on TT if so?

If anyone does do much TT ryze, can you give me some item/skill build and playstyle advice?

Thanks!

Hexerin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-29-2012

ryze was great on old TT, but his lack of mobility skills probably kills him on this new TT. i haven't had a chance to play him since the change, but i used to play him a lot on old TT. i can guarantee you that even if he's still viable, there's better choices for AP and/or tank than him. even on old TT he wasn't remotely close to being tourney-tier

Bobinatorlol

12-29-2012

Ryze does pretty good on TT. With no escapes and the NEED to have a lot of cs he gets farmed very easily in ranked. I usually run MS quints and go 9/0/21 just to have more movement speed. Like with most AP's it is up to your team to peel for you. Just because you have high hp does not mean you can go toe to toe with 2-3 enemy bruisers. Personally I like to get Muramana on him. From what I have read (SR discussion) this is bad, but from experience it has always come out ahead (dmg/burst wise) over the Embrace on TT.

Build really depends on what is going on. But the first few are standard. Tear>Boots & catalyst>RoA After that I will get either another catalyst for banshee's or a Glacial Shroud. Full build Ryze with a Muramana will be Q'ing for 800-1k dmg.