Need helping building computer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EiKaPa

Junior Member

12-29-2012

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Holiday_Mage
What would you customize for the price to be under $700 or on $700~?
What would you guys change to maximize the gaming pc with $700~
All I need is a system that is reliable and can run league of legends max


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiKaPa View Post
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Holiday_Mage
What would you customize for the price to be under $700 or on $700~?
What would you guys change to maximize the gaming pc with $700~
All I need is a system that is reliable and can run league of legends max
Change the processor to the FX 4300, NOT THE 4100, but the 4300.

Add an AMD 7850 video card

Change the power supply to the NZXT Hale 650W, as it is the best bang for the buck and comes as a free upgrade when stepping up to a PSU to run the video card.

Also upgrade the motherboard to the Gigabyte GA-970 for $7.

Total is $753. It will game League like a boss. You can also overclock the hell out of it if you feel so inclined to do so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EiKaPa

Junior Member

12-29-2012

Would I need more ram? and Thank you very much C:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiKaPa View Post
Would I need more ram? and Thank you very much C:
No, you will be fine with 4GB. If wanted to spend the extra $33 and get 8GB you can, but you will not need it in the slightest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unreal Desu

Junior Member

12-29-2012

Everybody wants help building a machine that can run LoL @ max... but nobody ever specifies "at what resolution". The key factor to what GPU you need to purchase is the target resolution....

League is hardly what could be considered a demanding game by most standards. Even a gt 520 can hold stable 50 fps at 1080p, max settings. If league is all you play... then you don't really need anything more than a low/mid range card from either AMD or Nvidia unless you are pushing a resolution more than 2560x1440.

Also, it's dirt cheap to buy ram. Running a 64 bit OS on 4 GB or ram is a bit of a wash practicality wise. I would spring for at least 8 GB, if not 16. Makes more difference than you might expect with the ram caching.

Of course, I didn't buy from a boutique vendor, as they are typically expensive for what you get. It is too easy to build your own to bother dealing with the OEM assembly fee.

Also, word of advice, its a lot cheaper to spend a few more dollars to get higher binned parts than to burn out a CPU/GPU due to complications from overclocking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal Desu View Post
Everybody wants help building a machine that can run LoL @ max... but nobody ever specifies "at what resolution". The key factor to what GPU you need to purchase is the target resolution....

League is hardly what could be considered a demanding game by most standards. Even a gt 520 can hold stable 50 fps at 1080p, max settings. If league is all you play... then you don't really need anything more than a low/mid range card from either AMD or Nvidia unless you are pushing a resolution more than 2560x1440.

Also, it's dirt cheap to buy ram. Running a 64 bit OS on 4 GB or ram is a bit of a wash practicality wise. I would spring for at least 8 GB, if not 16. Makes more difference than you might expect with the ram caching.

Of course, I didn't buy from a boutique vendor, as they are typically expensive for what you get. It is too easy to build your own to bother dealing with the OEM assembly fee.

Also, word of advice, its a lot cheaper to spend a few more dollars to get higher binned parts than to burn out a CPU/GPU due to complications from overclocking.
With League it almost doesn't matter what the resolution is, modern hardware of any decent performance level will drive it, even at 1440P. The system I specified to him will even play any other game just fine out there as well, if he decides to branch off and try more demanding games.

RAM; 4GB is more than enough for the vast majority of users, very few situations utilize more than that, and much fewer require 8GB. Outside of extremely specialized situations, encoding/decoding, Virtulization, you won't ever use anything close to 16GB, so that is a horrible recommendation.

Just because you have a 64-Bit OS doesn't mean you need to buy a ton of memory, not on any level.

As for even starting to discuss binning...please. The ASIC score on these components is fine.