Thin Skin for the win

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpyBoy

Member

12-29-2012

Man I tried the tribunal and went through and really tried to follow the guide lines. I pardoned about seven and punished eleven. The majority of the community agreed with me on EVERY SINGLE punish yet only one of seven pardons did the community agree with me.

I took into account the fact that some people were disrespected first then retaliated and pardoned that.

Maybe I just have thick skin because I grew up in a tough environment and went to the military and then war. Things don't hurt my feelings so when someone said, "Don't be a dumbass" or "You failed" or something similar and only said it once or twice I just pardoned it. Things that I punished were constant harassment of at least 4+ attacks or especially if the other player asked them to please stop and they continued. I also pardoned if it was back and forth harassment because both people were the problem. Any really offensive words (you know what they are) used excessively I also punished. I never punish feeding because it is too hard to tell if they are just not good or if they intentionally feed. Being bad at a game shouldn't be punished.

So, I'm thinking these statistics will probably hold true and maybe I should just punish anyone who says anything remotely offensive to anyone ever who might have thin skin.

Am I the only one who thinks people just smash that report button on anyone who might criticize their playing or insult them in the slightest way when their team loses? I've tried to help people improve by telling them what to buy, where to go, and how to engage and I usually get, "Don't tell me how to play N00B." People now just can't accept that they may be doing something wrong,,,

What ever happened to sticks and stones?

I'm sure I'll get down-voted because I have an opinion that doesn't mirror all the people who are offended easily but, if you're going to down vote my honesty then have the guts to say why in your reply.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2012

It not about having thick skin, it's about was the person who was reported toxic.

I wouldn't want to play a video game or associate with someone in real life, if they acted as a jerk.

How about you post some of the cases you pardon so we can see what you talking about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fudouri

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Good for you for voting your feelings on it. That is the only way to change culture to be more thick skinned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swerto

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudouri View Post
Good for you for voting your feelings on it. That is the only way to change culture to be more thick skinned.
I smell a smurf, or a friend.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Derpshot

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Riot encourages feeders and trolls and if u say antyhing to them your getting banned but as long as they dont talk in chat theyre totally safe to ruin all the games, cuz being bad is ok..

They want a land of raibows and unicorns and flowers...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagicianValkyria

Junior Member

12-29-2012

Call it what you will, 'being bad is okay'. Land of rainbows, unicorns and flowers....sure.

I'm sorry that there is a company and a gaming community that values being a respectable person over being a rage-tastic but 'skilled' player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pizzozz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyBoy View Post
Man I tried the tribunal and went through and really tried to follow the guide lines. I pardoned about seven and punished eleven. The majority of the community agreed with me on EVERY SINGLE punish yet only one of seven pardons did the community agree with me.

I took into account the fact that some people were disrespected first then retaliated and pardoned that.

Maybe I just have thick skin because I grew up in a tough environment and went to the military and then war. Things don't hurt my feelings so when someone said, "Don't be a dumbass" or "You failed" or something similar and only said it once or twice I just pardoned it. Things that I punished were constant harassment of at least 4+ attacks or especially if the other player asked them to please stop and they continued. I also pardoned if it was back and forth harassment because both people were the problem. Any really offensive words (you know what they are) used excessively I also punished. I never punish feeding because it is too hard to tell if they are just not good or if they intentionally feed. Being bad at a game shouldn't be punished.

So, I'm thinking these statistics will probably hold true and maybe I should just punish anyone who says anything remotely offensive to anyone ever who might have thin skin.

Am I the only one who thinks people just smash that report button on anyone who might criticize their playing or insult them in the slightest way when their team loses? I've tried to help people improve by telling them what to buy, where to go, and how to engage and I usually get, "Don't tell me how to play N00B." People now just can't accept that they may be doing something wrong,,,

What ever happened to sticks and stones?

I'm sure I'll get down-voted because I have an opinion that doesn't mirror all the people with thick skin, if you're going to down vote my honesty then have the guts to say why in your reply.
I totally agree, but we are the few .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpyBoy

Member

12-29-2012

Look I've got over 4000 games and was gold in two seasons so far and I am a skilled player (I'm just a good gamer all around). I've never received a warning and have a lot of honorable opponent votes without pandering for them. I don't rage and I often times try to improve people's skill levels. Yes I want to win and I am competitive...

So, when you pose the question would I rather have a feeder or a rager...well I'll take the rager if he is 20/0 over the feeder who is 0/20 because I can always mute the rager and I can't win with a feeder.

I'm just saying, I guess I'm willing to forgive and forget more than the tribunal and I find it sad we're so quick to bring down the hammer. Some people like to win so temperatures can flare.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyBoy View Post
Look I've got over 4000 games and was gold in two seasons so far and I am a skilled player (I'm just a good gamer all around). I've never received a warning and have a lot of honorable opponent votes without pandering for them. I don't rage and I often times try to improve people's skill levels. Yes I want to win and I am competitive...

So, when you pose the question would I rather have a feeder or a rager...well I'll take the rager if he is 20/0 over the feeder who is 0/20 because I can always mute the rager and I can't win with a feeder.

I'm just saying, I guess I'm willing to forgive and forget more than the tribunal and I find it sad we're so quick to bring down the hammer. Some people like to win so temperatures can flare.
and some people rather have the feeder over the rager. I'm all for winning also, but if I have to listen to someone complain and cry about the team then I don't want them on my team. You think in real life any sports team will won't a rager over someone who is unskilled? You have better chances of training a unskilled person to become skill, slim chance of changing a rager.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

198768

Junior Member

12-29-2012

I feel like the tribunal judges, some of whom try to gain some of dat Justice Elo are the more casual gamers that delight in perusing the forums with their analytic ability rather than play the game. They just can't handle the fact that tempers flare.


12345 ... 7