Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Doran blade jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KWAMATR0N

12-29-2012

Is it possible to still jungle with Doran's blade? Like if I started off with a machete and then went Doran's blades afterwards. I just want to know if it is viable.Or just upgrading the machete to the razor and not going all the way to wriggles and buying a Doran's blade. Also sometimes I take life steal in the jungle sometimes so take this into account thank you.

Shiku12

12-29-2012

ummmm it is certainly an idea to try but is 3% life steal really worth it? i

V3SeeU

12-29-2012

Hunter's Machete is the best item to start, i really dont think that start with dorans will be good

KWAMATR0N

12-29-2012

Quote:
Shiku12:

I will have 6% from runes and the Doran's blade gives 5 flat health back per hit.

Bus Driver

12-29-2012

Quote:
Shiku12:

dorans blades no longer give %lifesteal it's flat on hit

edit: guess it could have been lifesteal runes

Corrupt Angel

12-29-2012

Most junglers get tanky anyway. I wouldn't recommend dorans. Junglers need items so dorans is just a waste of money in my opinion. If you want damage go phage or brutalizer and go into items like Black cleaver, Frozen Mallet, or Trinity Force. Also wriggles gives life-steal. And lastly if you really want life-steal and some damage get a jungler that bloodthirster is viable on like Lee Sin.

KWAMATR0N

12-29-2012

Quote:
Corrupt Angel:
Most junglers get tanky anyway. I wouldn't recommend dorans. Junglers need items so dorans is just a waste of money in my opinion. If you want damage go phage or brutalizer and go into items like Black cleaver, Frozen Mallet, or Trinity Force. Also wriggles gives life-steal. And lastly if you really want life-steal and some damage get a jungler that bloodthirster is viable on like Lee Sin.

I just feel like before when I used the dorans blade jungle last season I was getting more kills from the jungle but this season I feel like all I can do is blow summoner abilities which isn't bad either. and dorans blades do give 80 health but I am unsure if it is worth it.