Jungle Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiku12

12-29-2012

I'm wondering why so many people don't play trundle jungle in 5v5 if you know please tell me why

McFace

12-29-2012

He's not a good champ. There are far superior ones.

TeknoWizard

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFace View Post
He's not a good champ. There are far superior ones.
He can single handedly win any duel against almost any jungler, and crushes single tank teams. Go check out Stonewall's stuff on him. Cuz I thought he was underpowered too for quite a while.

But more on topic, people don't play him because of two main reasons. One, he's ugly. As hell. You think I'm kidding, but seriously. If you want a champion but you know nothing of them, you're not going to pick the hideous troll. Secondly, he's... tough for a very specific reason. Since he isn't specialized, (The way Amumu is for CC or Shen for global presence), he requires a solid understanding of jungling to be able to use him well.

DRobX

12-29-2012

I exclusively played trundle from 1650 to 1800 the last couple of days.

- He's one of the strongest early-game counter junglers there are, because he is an amazing duelist vs any AD.

- His ult is superb vs any single-tank teams, and his Q is good vs bruisers diving your ad/ap carry.

- His visual looks really do turn off a number of players, morello has stated numerous times that they've found most players want to play human characters, not 'monsters', which explains the vast majority of the recent designs.

- His pillar is a little like Jarvan's ult, a good one wins games, but a miss-placed one will lose games and make your team rage just as quickly. So, he is not newb friendly.

Say Baht Poh

12-29-2012

trundle has no late game. they need to buff him up

Turbodactyl

12-30-2012

I've played the hell out of Trundle in 3's and while that's where he really shines, I was really surprised to see how good he is at jungling. Fast clears, good steroids, and a passive that will keep you sustained all game. He's got high base stats and his pillar is amazing for zoning people and forcing flashes. However, he's a very balanced champ in terms of utility and damage; since he can do most things relatively okay, he also doesn't excel at ganks like Shaco/Nocturne, or locking down an entire teamfight like an Amumu/Fiddlesticks. And with no real gap closer or hard cc, it takes a lot of coordination and planning to pull off ganks on squishies. Granted, once he gets in there, he can rip an AD carry's face right off but that's all part of the challenge of playing him. He just doesn't do anything that another champ can't do better (with the exception of shutting down Yorick HARD).

PeacefulNomad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Trundle is making a comeback in Season 3 due to his ability to destroy single tank teams. In Season 2, most teams were multiple tank teams due to itemization and gold distribution. But with the increase in items in season 3 and the increase in gold distribution, more teams are building more damage and leaving only one teammate to tank. Trundle's ult and Q can turn a tank into a squishy mess, which is great if the team only has one tank. So while there were better choices in season 2, he has become an extremely viable pick in season 3.

GummyNinja

12-30-2012

I love Trundle!

laberge

12-31-2012

I play trundle all the time. I don't know what you mean.

Mr Pookiekins

02-06-2013

trundle op