Is Diana evil? More stories pls.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serilina View Post
You remind of WoW players who go around saying the Horde are good guys.
Oh? And the Alliance is perfect? I mean, the gnomes irradiating their home city because of their out-of-control experiments, dwarven clan wars, humans poking the Horde simply to antagonize them into a fight....

But I digress. While it's not Diana's fault she is who she is now, there is no doubt that she is evil. She converts whoever she can, and kills whoever she can't. She has a purpose, and her religion signifies order, but she kills whoever she disagrees with, without any regard to the rights of others. She is a textbook example of Lawful Evil.

I guess my point is that there are two sides to every coin. Demacians aren't perfect, for example. They exemplify justice and order, but they do not tolerate dissidence. Noxians are similar, only for them, it's "might makes right." The Solari are much like any religious institution: outwardly good, but if presented with solid proof that they are wrong, things get nasty.

Diana was made, by the Solari, into the bitter, hateful warrior she is now. She didn't start out evil, but then again, neither did Darth Vader. And, in the end, isn't he just one of Palpatine's many victims? Would you consider Vader to be evil?

Shiny Goggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Malevolence View Post
Good and Evil are subjective.

Unless you're from Zaun and anyone other than Janna. Then you're probably just psychotic, chaotic evil.

Anyway, from Diana I just get the feeling that she's chaotic. Whereas Leona's good with a lawful leaning.
Law V chaos is more entertaining than good V evil.
Twitch just wants to replicate how he became sentient. I don't think he's evil.

Holy Malevolence

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albino Parakeet View Post
I still think the bugger's psychotic.

SlumlordThanatos

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albino Parakeet View Post
Twitch is just crazy. And I wouldn't call him the psychotic type of crazy that Shaco is.

LLplat

12-29-2012

nobody is born evil no matter what.
its always something in this world or the next that shapes someone or something into what it is it becomes later.

so technically diana is not truly evil.

blobbert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Let us use a metaphor. Diana and the moon is like AP yi at the moment. He was always powerful but was never given the chance to shine, people tried to learn him but everyone ridiculed the subject and reported for trolling. Then Alex Ich comes along and picks AP yi with thousands of dollars on the line. He proceeds to do well and know everyone plays him, to the point people want nerfs on an unchanged champion.

tl;dr-The power of the moon was a strong secret, and was kept hidden for the good of humanity, yet when the power was revealed to humanity again, it was quickly shunned to prevent what was probably a catastrophe.

SlumlordThanatos

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLplat View Post
its always something in this world or the next that shapes someone or something into what it is it becomes later.

To an extent, that is true. Without getting into a theological discussion, however, everyone is born with the potential to do evil. While the events of one's life play a large, almost vital part in this regard, some people are just wired differently than others.

And it doesn't matter what Diana was, only what she is now. She forcibly converts people into worshipping the moon, and kills the people who resist. That sounds pretty evil to me.

Koldaer

12-29-2012

hmmm shes evil ecause she kills every one that denies the power of the moon, that attitude its too extremist. i understand its because she had a hard time with the elders of the solari, they almost kill her yes but thats not an excuse to kill everyone that doesnt share your religion.

it says on her lore that:
She now presents her foes with a terrible ultimatum: revere the moon's light, or die by her crescent blade.

so yea... shes pretty evil enforcing her religion,but i understand why she had no other option, the solari elders were corrupt, she was only looking for the truth and got silenced so she went all " WELL F**K U TOO" with her executioners and the elders, the problem here wasnt the religion, it was the elders, they feared that, if people would start worshipping the moon, they were going to lose influence. Either way, this situation was very F**ED 2 begin with. You dont kill people because they dont share your beliefs nor try to enforce your beliefs unto them. neither is good. She´s doing the same thing that the elders tried to do with her, shes no better than them.

tldr: She´s evil, killing someone because he doesnt believe in your god is evil.

Nicodemous

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLplat View Post

Actually everybody is born evil... don't believe me, just look around... still don't believe me, pick up a history book... Human nature is not basically good...

Sir Bulbasaur

12-29-2012

When its going to be released the full story?

and please, make Exiled Leona for skin =3