Is Diana evil? More stories pls.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

12-29-2012

I wouldn't think of Diana as evil, just extremely vengeful. That's definitely not a GOOD trait to have at all, but it doesn't make her evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
The tradition of the Rakkor is by far more violent, Leona refused to kill the dude she beat so she had to be executed in his stead, and she fully accepted that.

Diana just came in, and was all happy that she was right all along and then the Solari turned on her... why would they execute her for showing them the truth?

Diana isn't evil. If anything, the Rakkor are violent and the Solari are corrupt.
This is my favorite post in the thread.

I can't wait until this Solari/Rakkor storyline is touched upon and Diana and Leona eventually confront each other; you just know Diana will go bonkers trying to kill Leona, but I imagine Leona wouldn't want to kill Diana. What'll happen if the Solari higher-ups find out their symbolic warrior doesn't want to get rid of their "Lunar Executor"?

Nyxilis

12-29-2012

I'd say there is a lot of grey there. I don't blame her for killing those she did, those were her assailants. Willing to see her dead over religious oppression. When did we say defending yourself is evil? That's only the most pacifistic moral ethics.

Now also think about it, when this is over, she's slain high leaders of her society. She can't go home, her place in her people is over. She has no choice but exile. So like it says, she's jaded, bitter, homeless. Well, duh. How many of you can really say losing contacts with your home, family, and friends after being assaulted by the people you trusted would leave you all spiffylicious? Whatever, lies if you say you'll be all kosher.

She might go evil, murderous, but they don't really say that either. It's an open path, it could be used for events. She is at least a hard liner versus those who would deny her chosen path. The one that was her right to take. How far she goes with that, is what will make her evil, good, or as many champions actually are, a solid grey that sentient creatures often are.

Philosopher Xys

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
I wouldn't think of Diana as evil, just extremely vengeful. That's definitely not a GOOD trait to have at all, but it doesn't make her evil.

This is my favorite post in the thread.

I can't wait until this Solari/Rakkor storyline is touched upon and Diana and Leona eventually confront each other; you just know Diana will go bonkers trying to kill Leona, but I imagine Leona wouldn't want to kill Diana. What'll happen if the Solari higher-ups find out their symbolic warrior doesn't want to get rid of their "Lunar Executor"?
I wish someone would do some art of Leona shielding through a barrage of Diana's lunar attacks.

Necronsis

12-29-2012

I think it depends how far is willing to go. If Leona accepted that the moon is powerful but still followed the sun then we could determine if Diana is truly evil. If she attacks Leona then she is evil but if she leaves Leona alone then she would be a freedom fighter. It all comes down to how we interpet the lore. Does all who deny the moon mean try to suppress her and the moon, in which case she is fighting for her rights. But if all who deny the moon mean those who don't follow the moon then she is evil, just like Kayle and now I started all whole new argument.

Nicodemous

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xysboy View Post
From her lore she sounds more like a victim then a villain. She is kinda dark and very vindictive but i don't think she is evil. Leona on the other hand protects the people who tried to kill Diana for not believing in what they believed. I need more LoL lore man....i like the lores.
One can be both a victim and a villain... every heard the term "sympathy for the Devil" or "two wrongs don''t make a right"???

SlumlordThanatos

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
He posts, and yet he shares none of his own thoughts, choosing, instead, to tease us...

Neither Diana nor Leona are evil - THE PARROT IS THE EVIL ONE!
Get used to it, he tends to do that a lot.

Nicodemous

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xysboy View Post
Can you guys not make this a religion thing pls.
Don't worry, they are not... they maybe trying to and they may even think they are, but their ignorance on the subject shines through. Their snide comments are not related to anything outside their own imaginations...

Echorion

12-29-2012

I would love it if Leona and Diana still got along somehow, while maintaining their separate beliefs as well.

Ansaa

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echorion View Post
I would love it if Leona and Diana still got along somehow, while maintaining their separate beliefs as well.
I doubt they ever got along in their lives.

Assuming they are the same age, Leona lived with the Rakkor while Diana lived with the Solari. When Leona came of age (What age is it... 16 or something?) to take part in the fight to the death against another teen, Diana must have still been living with the Solari.

So, after Leona nearly died it must have been the Solari elders (who were still alive at the time) who ordered Leona should be brought to them and released from the Rakkor.

Diana never felt any connection to the sun, and as such wouldn't want to get along with Leona, nor would she have a chance since Leona joined the league shortly after becomnig the avatar of the sun.

Later, never losing faith in the moon Diana found the relics that resulted in her exile and ascension into the avatar of the moon. Then she joined the league too.

There was never any time for them to get to know eachother, and they're far too different to like each other.

Philosopher Xys

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echorion View Post
Diana and Leona have stuff in common that they could talk about. Both almost executed, both make terrible puns all the time, and they both inflict massive amounts of radiation on others. They could be bff if they sat and talked. Yin and yang go together sometimes.