Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Diana evil? More stories pls.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enrayged

12-29-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
I love everything going on in this thread =)

He posts, and yet he shares none of his own thoughts, choosing, instead, to tease us...

Neither Diana nor Leona are evil - THE PARROT IS THE EVIL ONE!

invincible13matt

12-29-2012

Remember the phrase, ""He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster."?

Diana's probably well on her way to becoming the monster she fights, judging from the whole "destroy anyone who denies the power of the moon" bit. When I did my character alignment chart, I had her in Lawful Evil.

Crolex

12-29-2012

Quote:
Xysboy:
She was gonna be executed for no reason though... I blame society

I blame the rap music.

IMTOOJUICY

12-29-2012

solari guy #1: dude, diana tells TERRIBLE jokes.

solari guy #2: Off with her head!

Plasmafrog

12-29-2012

Quote:
Ansaa:
She never liked growing up with the Solari, and felt more of a connection to the moon. When she would try studying the moon, her society shunned her. When she found undeniable proof that there were others who worshipped the moon before her, and that the moon did have power, they attempted to silence her and keep that quiet by executing her for heresy.

Just like when Leona was about to be executed, a beam of lunar (Leona had solar) energy shot down, empowered Diana, and allowed her to escape by killing her would-be murderers.

Now, Diana seeks to enlighten the world about the power of the moon, and kill those who deny its power.

She isn't evil, she just isn't very nice. She only kills those who deserve it, like the Solari who tried killing her for basically no good reason.

Sounds like she became what she hated, rather.

Philosopher Xys

12-29-2012

Quote:
IMTOOJUICY:
solari guy #1: dude, diana tells TERRIBLE jokes.

solari guy #2: Off with her head!

This would make sense. Probably was looking for a reason to kill her. Those jokes...

Ansaa

12-29-2012

I don't believe she is trying to convert everyone and threaten them with death if they refuse. Her lore says "Diana resolved to destroy any who deny the power of the moon."

In my opinion, that means she is only hostile to those who literally deny the power of the moon. Like the Solari Elders, who always scoffed at her and her affinity with the moon, and when she brought back the relics they literally denied everything by attempting to kill her and hide the evidence.

If someone like Vayne were to accept the Night and the Moon is poweful, Diana would let her be. If someone like Leona were to deny that the moon was strong, and that the sun was more powerful Diana would attack and show them how wrong they are.

If you want to be realistic though, the sun is far greater. Its bigger, and moonlight is actually sunlight reflected off the moon.... without the sun, there would be no moonlight... I think :P

Quote:
Plasmafrog:
Sounds like she became what she hated, rather.

She didn't hate anything, not until she realized the people she grew up with would rather have her dead then have the truth revealed. If she became what she hated, you'd see Diana slaughtering every last Solari (She only killed her captors and the Solari Elders who condemned her) and killing anyone who didn't worship the Moon, while attempting to erase the Solari from existence while building up Lunari.

(Also, the Parrot probably read my other posts! I feel special )

Sebamk

12-29-2012

Quote:
IronStylus:
I love everything going on in this thread =)

You still have to tell us about the relationship between Leona and Diana

Some people still believe they were lovers in the past o.o

Philosopher Xys

12-29-2012

Quote:
Ansaa:
I don't believe she is trying to convert everyone and threaten them with death if they refuse. Her lore says "Diana resolved to destroy any who deny the power of the moon."

In my opinion, that means she is only hostile to those who literally deny the power of the moon. Like the Solari Elders, who always scoffed at her and her affinity with the moon, and when she brought back the relics they literally denied everything by attempting to kill her and hide the evidence.

If someone like Vayne were to accept the Night and the Moon is poweful, Diana would let her be. If someone like Leona were to deny that the moon was strong, and that the sun was more powerful Diana would attack and show them how wrong they are.

If you want to be realistic though, the sun is far greater. Its bigger, and moonlight is actually sunlight reflected off the moon.... without the sun, there would be no moonlight.

I'm not sure how big the moon is in Runeterra, but i see your point.

SlumlordThanatos

12-29-2012

Couple things.

Quote:
muhalaha:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Church

k

For starters, not all Christians are the same. Don't lump them all together.

Second:

Quote:
Lawful Evil is referred to as the "Dominator" or "Diabolic" alignment. Characters of this alignment see a well-ordered system as being easier to exploit, and show a combination of desirable and undesirable traits; while they usually obey their superiors and keep their word, they care nothing for the rights and freedoms of other individuals and are not averse to twisting the rules to work in their favor. Examples of this alignment include tyrants, devils, undiscriminating mercenary types who have a strict code of conduct, and loyal soldiers who enjoy the act of killing.

Taken from Wikipedia.

Diana kills those who disagree with her, with no regard to "rights and freedoms." If you ask me, everyone has the right to choose how they wish to live their lives and who to worship, and Diana is denying people those rights. Diana is evil. Maybe she didn't start out that way, but it's easier to fall into evil than to stay on the straight and narrow.