Is Diana evil? More stories pls.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreadnok

01-01-2013

Leona: 12 months in a year.
Diana: 13 months!

<fight>

Candidumbra

01-01-2013

I'd actually really like to think that deep down, Diana is good and some part of her even wants to still be good. As mentioned, all she really wanted was acceptance and instead was nearly killed. That kind of thing would make anyone angry and bitter, but not evil.

In my head, I like to think of Diana as someone who's so lost, confused, and hurt that she clings on to whatever she can and runs with it. However that doesn't mean she can't be saved. However there's no telling what it would take to get her to understand the error of her current ways, either.

SlumlordThanatos

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidumbra View Post
I'd actually really like to think that deep down, Diana is good and some part of her even wants to still be good. As mentioned, all she really wanted was acceptance and instead was nearly killed. That kind of thing would make anyone angry and bitter, but not evil.

In my head, I like to think of Diana as someone who's so lost, confused, and hurt that she clings on to whatever she can and runs with it. However that doesn't mean she can't be saved. However there's no telling what it would take to get her to understand the error of her current ways, either.
And this is what makes her so compelling. She may be evil now, but she wasn't always this way. Add on top of that the fact that Diana is where she is now because she was horribly wronged, so some (emphasis on that there) of what she does can be justified, and people can sympathise with that. She's evil now, but the chance for redemption is there, clear as day, and it may be something she will eventually want. Will she seek it out? Who knows, but it's a question we'd like to see answered.

Hoisengerd

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
But (and this is a huge but) she imposes her will onto others, and kills them if they resist. She forcibily converts people into worshipping the moon, and she doesn't care who she harms or kills in her quest.
well i never argued whether her actions were good or bad cause they are obviously bad, and besides we don't know who she's killing or isn't lol, as far as we know it's the Solari only, and those people aren't very nice either, which harkens back to the vigilante motif

up to this point we only have evidence of her killing the Solari elders, so until the guys in the lore department come up with more stuff we can only speculate

Sir Bulbasaur

01-28-2013

If Leona arrives to the right conclusion... we will see a Exiled Leona skin? make it happen pls roit.

Philosopher Xys

03-19-2013

edit: opps i did not mean to revive this.

Amuq the Native

05-15-2013

O Great Parrot !
I necro this thread to summon thee, so you can read this message, and tell me if I'm being right on track or if I've been interpreting what you've revealed about the Leona/Diana opposition a bit too far.

Dunkrig

07-06-2014

No one will probably read this but I just have to put it and I'm bored. Soooo... After looking over each characters respective lore I've come to the conclusion that neither Leona or Diana are evil. The people of Mount Targon/Rakkor seem to be a theocratic society on account of the fact that they worship/revere the sun. When someone (ie Diana) brings another ideology to light the current power feels threatened and scared that they may lose any power to anything and must abolish the possible threat. The Solari Elders sentenced Diana to death because of her more secular way of thinking than her society. Diana in fact wanted to feel less like an outcast in her society hoping to appeal to the reason of her elders to allow further study into ways of thinking. Like many ancient Theocracies: their way is the only way, and they saw a person's death as the answer to their problems. Diana's lore even explains that she was distraught not only with anger but with sorrow. Her society made her an outcast which caused her to become extremely bitter and callous (notice how I didn't say evil). She didn't kill those elders for S's & G's but out of her necessity. Leona however is devout to her society's ideology and therefore also sees Diana as a heretic. To add even more clarity here's a little alignment synopsis.

In the eye's of Rakkor/Solari society:
Diana- Chaotic Evil
Leona- Lawful good

In the eye's of The Institute of War:
Diana- True neutral (because they see every champion this way)
Leona- True neutral (because they see every champion this way)

In the eye's of the unbiased/true alignment:
Diana- Chaotic Neutral (because she defied her society)
Leona- Lawful Neutral (because she follows her society)

When it comes to who's more pleasant to be around Leona wins by a landslide but then again she wasn't sentenced to death by her homeland which - lets face it - would probably make us bitter too. Either way no matter how you cut it the Solari society is corrupt to an extent.

Digiexafan

07-06-2014

Thanks to Dunkrig's bump, I got to read this gem of a thread. Thanks.

eztarg3t

07-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiexafan View Post
Thanks to Dunkrig's bump, I got to read this gem of a thread. Thanks.
Seems like someone didn't like you acknowledging Dunkrigs bump.