Dear Riot, instead of being a joke.........

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoldenTakeshi

12-31-2012

Dear Riot,

Here is a quick suggestion to try to make your tribunal go from joke status (where it currently is with a LOT of players) to aim at a more legitimate status.

Currently, you have your reports highlight the reported player. That is currently the ONLY thing you have highlighted. I understand your desire to keep outside or 3rd party players AWAY from the report or reporting process, those who have absolutely nothing to do with the report going on... But instead of it being ONLY THE REPORTED PLAYER being highlighted, how about highlighting the REPORTING players as well?

I feel this would have a huge multifaceted effect on all reports:

1) Duo queues, where one player reports for whatever grievance, and their duo queue reports as well because the first person who reported TELLS THEM TO. If a duo queue is shown to be quite OBVIOUSLY abusing the system (which it seems is prevalent now), it could potentially harm the "quiet" persons reputation and reporting.

2) It can show when a person is reporting for no reason. Very often I will see people who are willing or offer to report someone that they laned against, or who they did not like because they didnt do as poorly as they wanted.It will help to show if a person had truly no reason to report all game vs. others who may have felt they had a real reason to report.

3) False reports. There are times when people will report because the enemy team said "X person is griefing, plz report!", and they WILL report just because of that request. Or other times when someone is complaining in /all for the duration of the match, and the defender is not raging in /all, they will often seem to be the guilty party. It will help to show who is reporting to differentiate between those who are not.

4) Show the ROLES and REASONS of who is reported and who is reporting. If someone is reporting for something JUST BECAUSE (someone told them to, that person played well against them, they lost to that person, or just because they just feel like it, etc.) at least it will show what and why they are reporting. This could greatly help to show and prove what and why reports are going on, instead of arbitrarily having people be reported and never knowing from who or why. If someone says POST MATCH "please report my teammate", and the ENEMY team reports them, it should not have the same weight, or at the very LEAST it should be shown that an enemy teammate is reporting someone "blindly"

5) LIMIT HOW FAR TRIBUNAL CAN GO. Stop letting tribunal go very deep beyond reports, warnings, and minor suspensions. It is YOUR GAME RIOT, if it ever gets to a suspension stage, it should be YOU WHO IS DOING IT. I can understand a very brief or simple suspension, like 1-3 days being able to be handed out by tribunal, but I think that it should be MUCH HEAVILY MORE REGULATED by Riot staff as to how mid or long term suspensions or bans are handed out. ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT THE COMMUNITY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO CHALLENGE A LONG TERM BAN. I know Riot says that they ARE the ones who consider the long term ban, but it honestly seems like that Riot is the one who considers the VERY LAST STAGE that determines a long term ban. It should be more like: Tribunal 1, Tribunal 2, Riot 1, Riot 2, Riot FINAL. Riot, you can act as if you are more involved, but the community knows and can CLEARLY SEE that you are basically and almost the LAST layer when it comes to bans or perma-bans.

I know its much easier for you to have the community do your job for you, but seriously Riot, how about at least taking your place back as the higher voice that isnt ONLY the LAST VOICE when it comes to punishment.

I see many people who are banned, suspended, etc. for absolutely frivolous things (according to their report cards, and while their report cards are a "snapshot", and still show NOTHING that should be worth a ban, but they still are...), and when Riot finally steps in, their simple response is "On further review....... we agree" it seems very thin, lazy, and that you want others to do your job for you, as opposed to you paying people to actually review cases, as every other game has to do.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Do you really want them to be back in full control of ever aspect of tribunal? They have all said they would be punishing a lot harsher than is currently seen. If you think it is bad now, you didn't see it when it first came out and ever single line in here was a qq thread (a lot more so than it is now).

Also they have said numerous times that Riot has the final say when it comes to suspensions past the 3 day mark. Please use the search feature. You will find many of your complaints addressed already.

EDIT: Actually just use the search function because every point you have made on your post has been adressed numerous times by a Red and asked hundreds more. And god knows they get sick of repeating themselves when it is only a search away.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

or hell...read the faq that has been conviniently stickied to save you time from searching.

BrightNooblar

12-31-2012

Quote:
1) Duo queues, where one player reports for whatever grievance, and their duo queue reports as well because the first person who reported TELLS THEM TO. If a duo queue is shown to be quite OBVIOUSLY abusing the system (which it seems is prevalent now), it could potentially harm the "quiet" persons reputation and reporting.
How exactly do you suppose we determine if a duo is 'obviously abusing the system'? Also why do you think this is a major issue? One report or two, if nothing is worth punishing, nothing is worth punishing.
Quote:
2) It can show when a person is reporting for no reason. Very often I will see people who are willing or offer to report someone that they laned against, or who they did not like because they didnt do as poorly as they wanted.It will help to show if a person had truly no reason to report all game vs. others who may have felt they had a real reason to report.
I don't think you understand how the tribunal works. The process of vote from users is how you determine if someone was "reported for no reason" or not. The system *can't* tell users if cases were reported without cause, because the users are telling the system if the cause was valid or not.

Quote:
3) False reports. There are times when people will report because the enemy team said "X person is griefing, plz report!", and they WILL report just because of that request. Or other times when someone is complaining in /all for the duration of the match, and the defender is not raging in /all, they will often seem to be the guilty party. It will help to show who is reporting to differentiate between those who are not.
If people are reporting because they believe griefing occurred, it isn't a false report, it is just a pardonable report (assuming that no gireifing happened). A false report is a report made by someone who know the reported individual did nothing wrong. If the report honestly believes the code was broken, it isn't "false" it is simply "Pardonable". Think about say, the police. Calling in a fake police report gets you in big trouble. However if you call in a break in to your house, and the cops find a bunch of racoons are knocking over your garbage cans, you're not going to get arrested. You acted in good faith.

Quote:
4) Show the ROLES and REASONS of who is reported and who is reporting. If someone is reporting for something JUST BECAUSE (someone told them to, that person played well against them, they lost to that person, or just because they just feel like it, etc.) at least it will show what and why they are reporting. This could greatly help to show and prove what and why reports are going on, instead of arbitrarily having people be reported and never knowing from who or why. If someone says POST MATCH "please report my teammate", and the ENEMY team reports them, it should not have the same weight, or at the very LEAST it should be shown that an enemy teammate is reporting someone "blindly"
Why does this matter? If a case comes in with 6 reports, and nothing wrong, we just hit pardon.

Quote:
5) LIMIT HOW FAR TRIBUNAL CAN GO. Stop letting tribunal go very deep beyond reports, warnings, and minor suspensions. It is YOUR GAME RIOT, if it ever gets to a suspension stage, it should be YOU WHO IS DOING IT. I can understand a very brief or simple suspension, like 1-3 days being able to be handed out by tribunal, but I think that it should be MUCH HEAVILY MORE REGULATED by Riot staff as to how mid or long term suspensions or bans are handed out. ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT THE COMMUNITY HAS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO CHALLENGE A LONG TERM BAN. I know Riot says that they ARE the ones who consider the long term ban, but it honestly seems like that Riot is the one who considers the VERY LAST STAGE that determines a long term ban. It should be more like: Tribunal 1, Tribunal 2, Riot 1, Riot 2, Riot FINAL. Riot, you can act as if you are more involved, but the community knows and can CLEARLY SEE that you are basically and almost the LAST layer when it comes to bans or perma-bans.
The tribunal doesn't get people suspended. The tribunal determines peoples actions warrant punishment. People repeatedly making actions that warrant punishment gets people suspended. Tribunal determines guilt, offenders determine punishment. You can't blame the tribunal for handing out a week suspension, because the tribunal didn't decided that. The player who chose to rage after getting a three day ban after getting a one day ban after getting a warning, decided he needed a week long ban.

KamikazeArchon

12-31-2012

You seem extremely concerned about "false reports". Why? If a player is fully compliant with the Summoner's Code, then all the false report will do is waste a few minutes while someone reviews the case and pardons it. You can get reported a thousand times, and it won't matter, if the Tribunal pardons you every time because there's nothing actually punishment-worthy in your actions.

And if you think that there's a problem with people being punished who should be pardoned, then the reports have nothing to do with it. First of all, of course, you'd need to demonstrate that such a "false punish" is common at any level, which people keep trying and failing to show.