Help for a fresh lvl 30 summoner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McDermittron

12-29-2012

Hey ya'll,

Been playin LoL for about 2.5 months now and been having a blast playing with friends and collecting champions, but I've run into an issue. I suck... lol. I feel like I'm bringing down my friends when I play with them cause I'm always asking for advise on who to play or what to build. Moreover, I'm having a problem with playing in a meta because of I usually get stuck either jungling or support. Since Nami was release, I picked her up and think I do an okay job with her but my jungle skills are horrible (if not, non-exsistant).

So, what I'm asking is if there's anyone out there that has a couple hours or time for a game or two to help me out and show me the ropes, I would greatly appreciate it! Even if it's a custom game or just bots or whatever. Also, I have skype/vent so if you're comfortable with it, we could hop on that if that would be easier than typing.

My summoner name is McDermittron. Thanks in advance and look forward to playing with a few people.

TL;DR Help with jungle please. I suck and need to be shown the right way to jungle and gank.

P.s. I've read some of the guides from mobafire and such for theory, but doesn't seem to working for me. Thanks

-McDermittron

Prof Zuhayr

12-29-2012

try out chogath or nunu in the jungle that will help
don't use mobafire, it gives too many glass-cannon builds, use SoloMid guides instead.

Corrupt Angel

12-29-2012

I got good at Lol by watching videos. That is what really helped me get good. Also you have to play a champ a lot to get them.

Shiku12

12-29-2012

I would be willing to help you, the main thing about league (and this is going to sound very childish) if you start getting frustrated, you will stay frustrated, I would advise doing a few bot games (here comes the critising) and just try out all kinds of champions, my summoner name is my name lol, if you want my help, you can friend me

VALKYRIE DG

12-29-2012

It just takes a lot of time to really learn the game - don't get too frustrated. Especially when it comes to learning how to jungle.

Jungle can be an incredibly complicated position when it comes right down to it because every champion jungles slightly differently, and as far as ganking goes, that's always somewhat dependent on lanes and composition of the team or the enemy jungler.

When you gank, you're looking for lanes where the enemy is over extended, doesn't have wards, and you're looking to take a path that puts you probably behind them or surprises them, rather then running through an area that they have a lot of vision on you, giving them plenty of time to retreat. Bot lane is difficult to gank due to wards, but you can often ask bot if they know where/if bot lane is warded.

When you're going in for a gank, ping or IM to let you teammate know your intentions, always good. Helpful to let your team what your thoughts are, for example, you can say, "clearing red, then coming to gank mid" or something like that.

Hope this helps a little, and best of luck to you!
I don't personally jungle much or I would offer to play some games with you, but I play other lanes a bit if you have any more questions.

MicKretz

12-31-2012

was fun playing with you

i actually spent 2 hours after that game tweeking my Taric build, even changed my masteries

well, nevertheless, was fun playin with you

revog

01-01-2013

Rovag add me, I main jungler

MilkMullet

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermittron View Post
Hey ya'll,

Been playin LoL for about 2.5 months now and been having a blast playing with friends and collecting champions, but I've run into an issue. I suck... lol. I feel like I'm bringing down my friends when I play with them cause I'm always asking for advise on who to play or what to build. Moreover, I'm having a problem with playing in a meta because of I usually get stuck either jungling or support. Since Nami was release, I picked her up and think I do an okay job with her but my jungle skills are horrible (if not, non-exsistant).

So, what I'm asking is if there's anyone out there that has a couple hours or time for a game or two to help me out and show me the ropes, I would greatly appreciate it! Even if it's a custom game or just bots or whatever. Also, I have skype/vent so if you're comfortable with it, we could hop on that if that would be easier than typing.

My summoner name is McDermittron. Thanks in advance and look forward to playing with a few people.

TL;DR Help with jungle please. I suck and need to be shown the right way to jungle and gank.

P.s. I've read some of the guides from mobafire and such for theory, but doesn't seem to working for me. Thanks

-McDermittron

Always always always try new champions and mechanics out in bot games first. Even if I think I'll do well, I always first time a new champion in an easymode bot and then go from there into the intermediates (looking at solomid guides too and trying them out). If you have friends that play/main certain champs you want to try, let them show you how to do it. For instance, I've been absolutely paranoid about leaving bot matches with shaco because I have to reconnect at the start of every game or I get input lag, effectively shutting down my box placement time. I have a friend that plays shaco jungle and showed me how to somewhat alleviate it with a leash and the proper preemptive boxing locations and times just so I would know anyways.

If you want me to show you how I jungle, you can add me. I'm not a pro but jungling is my strongest role and I'm learning how to support leona as well. IGN is MilkMullet