Woops, yea I didn't talk about a flag here, thanks!
About the stats, if you don't believe me, look here: Ahri, the Nine-Tailed Fox, the stat that we all know as mr is being described as "Spell Block" for every single champion, tell me what you want.
The lore: She doesn't even come from this world, technically, she is an alien. The League isn't even mentioned other than Viktor having her fight for him. There is no League Judgement yet and seeing that I think having a League judgement includes having the champion join the League, I will never write one. I put so much info into the story because I couldn't put it elsewhere.
So you seem not to like having Viktor save her; is he an evil character to you, just because he is from Zaun?
I know that is what the stories so far are trying to tell us, Noxus, Zaun and so on, all just evil! Long live Demacia! That's why I wanted to put some non-evil acts to their side as well, mainly to Zaun's side. Sure, Viktor didn't intend to save her, but in the end he ended up doing so. Also, he didn't just reject her, but instead he looked for her and even gave her a translator. Seeing that this character is by default rather unemotional and lives only for the sake of techmaturgy, that is quite some act! He could just have killed her while she was unconscious, but he decided to wait for her to wake up and sure, then he tried to make any use of her, but that is just as much as you could expect of him.
There is no contradictions in it, it is merely a long story. She comes from a planet with billions people on it, merely 500 or so is not that much, seeing that you would be found there as soon as you were viewed at as unfit for the community (which might also be the case as soon as they need new people to join their shows). Her world is overly harsh. On top of that, dieing in that world, didn't necessarily mean that you died and everything was over. It merely meant that you most likely lost some part of your memories and were to be revived thereafter, exchanging parts of your body with machines. If you had the money. People that play that game for a long time, and kill people do mostly fall into that category. She had killed hundreds of monsters. Monsters that had killed far more than her. She was close to holding the title of the survivor, not the title of the killing machine or the like. The main difference between her and the others was that she didn't die.
Q: How is her body enhancing suit able to function in the realm of Runeterra?
A: Just the way it did before. You don't really want to get into science fiction here do you?
Q: How did she get the scar on her eyes (only do this if you can incorporate it into her fighting days)?
A: She doesn't have this scar usually, she just got hit by a blade right at the moment. That, too, is why she looks so angry.
Stats: They were all merged from different champions, I didn't even chose the higher values.
Her base health regeneration might be a bit high, but that is mostly due to her passive. Note that the given value is hp/5 not /1. Range: Well there was also some champions in the mix that had higher range, also I did describe her attack animation? But sure, no need to make a fuss about those 10 range if it makes you feel better.
Attack Speed came with the mix, there is other champions like this, and with higher scalings, too. I chose rather high base and low scaling out of the mix of champions I had, to encourage building Attack Speed.
I'll tone it down by a bit, but not that much.
About the abilities:
Innate: Sure, it gives her a lot of sustain. That is why all of her abilities are so weak early one (besides of the W, which on its own is only good for dealing damage. She gets stunned when bursted, but she does also not take any damage for that duration. This does basically punish bad positioning. This is to balance the Q a bit, because you could else just go to the front and grab some random enemies.
If you got more to say about it, please do so, I am not an easy fellow, but it is possible to convince me, should your arguments seem better to me than my own arguments.
Q: This is a bit like Lux Q, it would be op if there was nothing you could do about it. I am still considering to further nerf this, so that upon hitting a second target, the pull only pulls for half of whats left of the pull.
Bingo! She is meant to have a hybrid, if not full Ad build.
Now you're telling me the ability is underpowered right? I tell you one thing: Combined with Cooldown Reduction, the Cooldown can be reduced to a mere 4.8 seconds. It could be reduced to that value even if it had 5 more seconds of Cooldown on it. You have to consider the whole kit that a champion has, not just one ability.
It's damage used to be higher but I have been told to nerf it all the time. By everyone I asked. 1.0 bonus ad is insane! Blabla! I know this will probably just hit one target, but seeing that it can, indeed hit multiple targets.
The fact, that this ability does not pull more than two targets, can be used cleverly when laning, just hit some minions and you don't pull your enemy to your face but still do some damage to him!
Changed the cooldown to 20/19/18/17/16.
W: I intend her other abilities not to rely on basic attacks. Basic attacks are only of use if you're able to stay close to your target, and guess what her abilities do? You need this ability to 1. deal damage 2. get your abilities ready so you can deal damage. With Cooldown-reduction you can constantly have this active.. so constantly having 20-40% Attack Speed sounds bad to you? May I remind you that her base Attack Speed is rather high? It did originally have some Armor Penetration on it (based on how much Ad you got). People argued so much about armor penetration being op that I dropped it. That was the part that should promote usage of Damage items. I guess they are viable even so, though (Yes, they argued about 1 armor penetration every 15 Ad being op).
What this ability does is rewarding building cdr even more than usual. This effect would be lost completely if I were to exchange it for cdr on hit.
E: I love this ability! Sure, it won't get you out of sticky situations.. but well warding helps seeing these! What do you think of when saying you want the movement and attack speed to scale? What dimension did you think off? The base damage is pathetic, yes, this is because she got a high sustain passive.. and because this got high utility. The reliability with the jump is rather pathetic. No. Simply no. It is reliable, sure it is melee range. But you can jump by hitting minions, by hitting walls (which is why you have to put an direction to it.. jumping straight off a wall sucks). You can even jump after grabbing someone with your Q! And he can't even get away in this case.
Now before getting towards the R, I want to talk about synergy. Yes, her whole set of abilities does scale with almost every single stat (except Mana)! And in a way, that leaves open just about every choice of items, even critical hit chance. This might be the first time you get to see a hybrid champion building Crit!
You have been ranting about missing synergy.
Note: Counting one basic attack in towards the scaling, she got 1.7 AP and 2.5 AD scalings so far. Whereas the AP part on the Q will most likely not be fully applied in most cases.
The Q and E spell synergize perfectly. You can E in and grab someone with the Q. You can even E out again by using the W with Cdr items. Yes Cdr items. You will probably need them on her. This will put the E on a 2 second cooldown timer.
Now about the Q, oh yes the low range grabbing skillshot. You are not Blitzcrank. You can move. You can use your E to move further. You can even use the jump on the E on a wall or minion so that the enemy is pulled even further than that. That will have you lose a lot of you damage, but yea. That's what I call a decision! No decisions no fun! That makes this ability actually be able to pull for about as much as a Blitzcrank grab, even though it is putting you at a higher risk, and you are rather squishy. The kick is intended to work that way around only. Damage and disengage or engage and no damage.
There is even a way to get damage and pull and still have an engage going: E, land Q fight on.
So now, I'm finally getting to the R-Spell: I do not see this used as a second round of crowd control. Really. It is efficient only at a range of more than 750 units, before that even single target units can just walk away from your chain and it will be totally useless.
This is an initiation tool. It does only deal damage when played on Ap. Yes it does scale with a total of 2 AP (Oh ****! OP AOE Spell!)
BUT it does as the tooltip shows have a once second delay until it becomes an actual danger to anything. A tank can simply block it by walking into it. That is why there is that much damage later on. To promote building Ap into something that will make her ability not be totally crappy when hitting a tank only, which is really likely, the tank might even flash in just to be able to do so.
Now imagine, the worst case scenario in my case is hitting 3 enemies. I can't imagine you could ever possibly hit more than that unless they are posing in a circle in close range waiting for you to hit them by walking towards them after having released the chain that way that it can extend to its fullest before hitting the first champion. So 3 enemies seems to be the absolute maximum to me, and that would require the chain to reach its full length: This needs 5 secons. Now one of them gets hit immediately, the other two one second later, they take 1.2 and 0.8 times your Ap as damage over 3, respectively 2 seconds (you could deal more damage by using your other abilities). Seeing that they could still just flash away to get away from all of the damage, or one of them could just move the way one or two of them won't take and damage anymore.. The average damage dealt in a worst case scenario is about 0.8 times your Ap to two targets. That is not that much. You might rather decide on dealing 0.6 times Ap damage and pulling them towards you when you see you got 3 of them.
This ability is interesting, but its damage is negligible.
So you'd better cut that out of your list. It got nothing to do with her overall Ap scaling.
Now should you still not agree with me, or think she needs further adjustments, please comment again (yes, I do take my time on this, would be better if you had not lied to me by telling me that there was no reason to worry!)
I'd like to point out that I am German. I will not find grammatical or stylistic mistakes on my own, would be very cool if you helped me with that!
P.S.: I know you didn't tell that to me, but I'd really appreciate another comment of yours!
It does now have 4.8+ seconds cd.
Referring to 'some guy', that wasn't you either. And yes, I didn't design this Champion to be OP, I just didn't want his ult to become useless when multiple people started talking to me about just how OP it was. In my opinion, it didn't even deal a lot of damage then. People just tend to forget how the ability works when looking at it's total scaling only.
The Q didn't have a 0 second cd when pulling someone. Right at the beginning it had, but later on, it had not. It was the way that you could use it to harass and not spam it if you used it to pull or missed completely. Having it be able to harass was OP though, seeing that her base sustain is much too high for her to have a good harass.
Thanks again for your reviews!
P.S.: Think I could buff her Q by giving it 16 sec cd flat, or is that a bad idea? I got the feeling nobody would even consider getting it first the way it is. Still then we get the problem that nobody would care about maxing it.
buffed it to 20/19/18/17/16
Hello again! I’m back with my re-review, is that what you would call it? Anyways... I also realised I forgot to format things with bb coding again. I should try to work on that while I remember.
Spell Block: They hardly ever update the champion archives on the actual site. Use the League of Legend’s wiki, it’s much more reliable.Ahri, the Nine Tailed Fox Also in game, it’s displayed as magic resistance, not spell block.
Lore: This is what I see. Unless you have more after the first post, which is pretty much the champion. There’s a lot of details you mentioned that I can’t see. They would be nice to see in here.
In a different universe there was a world with high technology but without magic. In that world however, they had developed such a high standard of technology that most people were bored to death and only entertained by the game.
Yes, there was a game they were playing. People playing the game, and almost everyone was playing the game from time to time, were put into a suit which enhances the body and simulates collisions with simulated stuff that one could only see through special glasses. It was pretty cool a game but it was just a game so people soon grew bored of it again. That was when they inserted a 'hardcore' mode, where you could really fight with those suits, the weapons that were previously simulated became real to the extent it was possible. People could chose to play that mode or be forced to play it, when they were viewed at as unfit for the community. You were pretty likely to die in this mode seeing that every kill requires a death. And some people just like killing.
In it lived a girl called Nayenne, but unlike in some fairytail, which you might now expect she was a pretty normal girl. She fit the community too, and she played the game. Not the hardcore mode though, that was for the crazy ones, but it was entertaining to watch. It was broadcasted live and only few people chose to play it by themselves. The problem now was, that she was -falsely- accused of murder. The world was corrupt and by no means a perfect world. And so she was sentenced to death. In that world that meant that she was forced to play the game in hardcore mode - fourteen hours a day.
Against all odds she survived two weeks. She had killed hundreds of people in the progress, full of hatred for being put in there for no reason and hatred on those people. People that killed just for fun. They deserved to die.
That was when the time had come for the summoners to chose a new champion to enter the League of Legends. They saved her from death and teleported her to the fields of justice, to fight for all eternity.
"I never chose this, but it clearly chose me. I will survive!" - Nayenne
1) Still doesn’t tell me how it’s powered, and how it is able to sustain it’s energy. Since nothing is 100% efficient, that would go against the laws of physics, there is some kind of energy depletion. It’s not draining energy from around her, and it should work in a strange way with magic. That’s an interesting concept, I should work on something like that, but I suppose that is what hextech is.
2) Lol. That’s a scarring strike right there.
Health Regeneration: I acknowledged that you were working correctly with the statistics in the section above. Namely using level 0 logic, and regeneration per five.
Range: Good. Attack animation doesn’t matter, there’s a standard, and it ought to be followed.
Attack Speed: Alright that makes sense, but you should still buff the scaling per level. Try something like 0.68 (+3%) per level. It’ll encourage a proper hybrid build of AP, AS, and AD. Not crit, AD, and AS.
- If she doesn’t take damage, but is otherwise stunned, it’s not a stun. In League of Legends the proper term would be “stasis,” like the one induced by Zhonya’s Hourglass. If that’s how it works, I’m much better off with it. My primary concern about it was it being a death sentence in teamfights, or against bursters. If it’s a stasis it’s good, but not if it’s a stun. So just change the wording, eh? Might be a bit powerful against high bursters like Veigar though, the stasis could block off damage long enough to force Veigar to run away in fear of retaliation.
- Also the health regeneration is still extremely high, it would make her extremely frustrating to lane against. It’s like Garen’s passive except that it works even while she is in combat. Look at Dr. Mundo, he regenerates less health per second than yours, and both function in combat.
- Question, Does her first bar of health regenerate back to full everytime it goes below 90% of the maximum health value, or does it recover the health gradually? To make it simple, does it heal in chunks or in small bits?
- Another Question, How would the enemy player perceive her health bar? As a single bar, followed by a smaller one underneath where her mana bar, if she used it, would be?
- Yet Another Question, Is the second bar regenerating, even while she’s switching bars? Is there a limit to the number of times she can switch bars in say 30 seconds? Does it mean that as long as she can survive long enough for a single second, she can switch bars again and avoid death for a ridiculous amount of time?
- Final Question, Now this question is just me thinking hypothetically but, If Nysta got a spirit visage, and built a warmog’s, would she be harder to kill than Dr. Mundo?
- Wait, the anchoring deals the impact damage as well?
- Hybrid builds, and full AD builds are completely different. Pick one for her to work off of.
- Don’t worry I already took the reduced cooldown effects into account. It’s damage is still low. I would prefer to see this abilities damage be more focused on one thing. Making it scale off of criticals and AD for the impact damage, immediately makes it more of an extra basic attack and encourages an ADC build, in which case makes the AP scaling more or less worthless.
- Solution to low damage, make it scale off of 1.0 total AD. This way it is what an actual basic attack modifier should be. If you look at Gangplank’s Q, Parley for a benchmark, you’ll notice that it scales better, due to being a 1.0 Total AD scaling, combined with the potential crit, and Spellsword (unique item passive) procs. The cooldown using a maxed out W, and maxed out cooldown reduction is close to Gangplank’s Parley’s 5 second cooldown without any cooldown reduction. You could make an argument that the pull and crowd control from that, makes it balanced, but really it doesn’t. It still does too little damage, and require too much to deal that damage.
This is going to take too long, so here’s a much faster rundown (srry, I has the busies) :/
- Her damage is way too dispersed, you want the player to have a more or less noob friendly build. In other words, even a new player should be able to see a path of optimization. In Nayenne’s case, her damage is too dispersed, she has fairly strong AP ratios, fairly strong AD ratios, fairly strong AS based ratios, and all together it makes her damage too far dispersed.
- The solution to this is quite simple, just pick one of the two roles, and make her work off of it best. Standard Hybrid, which is usually AP and AS, such as Jax, Kayle, or even Teemo. Or you can chose the Critplank build, which is AD, and Crit. At the moment she scales fairly well from both, but the way I see it at least, she should scale strongly off of one instead. Master Yi is an exception to this, his alpha strike is so powerful as harass that he ends up being viable as an AP mid, despite his kit being ADC focused.
- The E)’s damage could be confusing, I’m still unsure if the AP damage could be increased by critical damage...
- The E) is now good, it’s the same as Riven’s Valour I think. So it’s more reliable. I have no further problems with that.
- The R) Is still confusing to me. Either I’m misunderstanding how it works, or I do understand how it works, in which case I stand by what I said before.
1) Let's just assume you are a human. You do have a stomach. You can eat and you get energy by that (oh magic). Let's assume the suit gains energy similar to that. Either it burns some stuff from the environment has some kind of self sustaining mechanism by that, uses her body heat (difference to the outer temperature or solar energy to regenerate in power. Now it uses this energy to recharge some kind of battery (we all know that). In our bodies that is ATP (at least that's what we call it in german, don't see why you would call it differently but might be that you do) and for longer use, fat. Let's assume the battery to be the suits ATP and the fat or the food to recharge this battery slowly, as our body does with ATP. Sure we can burn other things than fat and we will mostly, but let's just keep that aside. Now the ATP is the 44% of her health. That is the part of the battery, that can be used to heal her at the suits full power: 10% of her usual max health per second. It does, however, also fill by 1,5% due to its fat/food. This makes it deplete at a mere rate of 8.5% per second and Nayenne will be healed for 10% over 5 seconds, whereas after those, she will only be healed by 1.5% per second. Should she have full hp again, the draining effect disappears and the suit charges normally. Fine now?
If not, she met Viktor who could then have developed a device that would be able to resupply her suit even by magical means.
2) She has probably seen worse. On top of that, she isn't human, and League of Legends Characters in general do even get killed (which she doesn't, ever, actually) and don't change a single bit about their appearance.
Seeing her regeneration is frighteningly high early game, I will reduce the base health per 5 to 0. Doing this I can also buff the Q a bit. It is no auto attack though. Never confuse it with one.
Do you really think increasing the amount of as% gained would by any means increase the benefit from building attack-speed? You could also play her with AP and crit. I don't mean her to be played on crit, I just want to keep the possibility open for her to be played on crit. Doesn't seem like she would be too dumb to critically strike anything she does. I don't really see what your problem is here, as I can't really tell why you wouldn't build her hybrid, AP, or Ad depending on whatever you chose to be your playstyle?
Abilities: Innate: Yes, stasis..noone will be able to interact with her. I'll update that. I know, Mundo heals for about one fifth, he was the one I had a look at when designing this. The second bar recovers health gradually. Yes, one unusually small health bar and another bar beneath it. I wrote it took the place of the resource bar, so that is it. The second bar will be regenerating by another 1,5% before switching bars, then the regeneration will, seeing that her health bar is still damaged apply to the health bar directly. There will be no such thing as multiple switches in a short time unless she is getting healed a lot.
Last question: My name is Nysta, I will probably not be easier to be killed than Mundo even though I don't benefit from Warmogs and Spirit Visage at all. If you were talking about Nayenne, she will probably be harder to kill because she is faster, not because she has more sustain than him. I'm not actually sure. He also got slows and speed up. Guess he is harder to kill.
Q: The anchoring deals damage? What? No the damage will not be applied twice..
Her build is hybrid, which essentially means that she can build anything and will most probably benefit the most from building a mixture. This is given because items will usually cost less if they are hybrid. The fact that she does benefit from crit as well, does nothing at all. Might very well be the first crit-caster. You know, E with AP and an IE, trolol. No really, I don't think this really matters.
It's damage is still low. It's damage is 180 + 0.7Ad + 0.7AP. That is probably not exactly the highest thing you're ever going to see, but it is not low. The AP on this part can't crit though.
Her damage is too dispersed: New players won't be knowing what to build because everyting is good. Do you get what you said there? Everything is good means they can build whatever they want, and that she doesn't benefit from mana, is pretty obvious. Sure there will be better builds and worse builds, but even the pros don't always play champions the same way! I'm pretty good and I never ever build the same stuff. Sure, there is some substantial items, but in this case, those are the ones with cdr, and seeing that you can chose which of those you want, that is no real limitation either.
E: Yes, it can. With say 670 AP and an IE... which is very very unlikely (no boots).. you could crit at about 1970 physical damage. So to say, 20% chance to deal tons of damage.. (Phreak, the tons of damage dealer)!
R: How did you make me think of condoms in this case? W/e. Would you be fine if i included a max damage dealt? Like let's say, stops electrocuting after 3 seconds? Because I'm fine with that, seeing it won't change much, other than one guy intercepting it probably being of more benefit for him now, than before, seeing he takes about one tick less. I could also reduce the amount of damage dealt if there's more enemies hit. Pretty logical, too, seeing that the electricity goes through all of them instead of just one of them.
Thanks for having yet another look at it!
Now, I want to propose some changes to the Innate. This might turn out to be more complex but also more balanced. As of now, it looks like this:
My suggestion for the passive:
So you want her to actually fall into stasis by just taking damage? I mean, your suggestion would have her fall into stasis pretty much every time.
Whereas I'm talking about a 10% maximum rate of transfer of her regeneration bar to her health bar, you are talking about a flat rate of 4.4% of her health, which means that your bar would most certainly never deplete, seeing it will also start much later.
Now, in addition to that, you want to increase the either way high 1.5% regeneration on her second bar. And you want to have the first bar to shoot at 44% of her total health when she is brought to zero opposed to its current value. Sure you add cd's everywhere.. but I don't think that's a solution.
As of now, it regenerates based on how much energy she has and puts her into stasis should she lose more than 56%/66%/76%86%/96% of her health in 0/1/2/3/4 seconds. I should probably just write it that way. The health bar stuff is just visualization.
Changed it all to:
Passive - Regeneration - Nayenne regenerates using her suits regeneration system. She stuns herself if she takes damage too quickly.
She regenerates by 1.5% times the % of energy she has each second. This counts as healing or regeneration effect.
Should she take more than 60% of her maximum health as damage in less than 5 seconds, she falls to her knees for 2.5 seconds (stasis; visual effect: shield).
© 2013 Riot Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Riot Games, League of Legends and PvP.net are trademarks, services marks, or registered trademarks of Riot Games, Inc.