Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP champs need better anti-bruiser itemization

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

universe within

12-29-2012

Since AP's aren't able to stand up to bruisers at all save for a few of them. If the enemy team puts a bruiser mid and a bruiser top then the majority of AP champions you cannot play except for the small handful which are capable of taking on bruisers.

Discuss.

Edit: There is like one item a mage can get against a bruiser that has AP and armor and that is Zhonya's. The Gauntlets aren't really good on most mages so I don't count them.

Whereas bruisers get Hex Drinker, Wits End, etc..

Felaedor

12-29-2012

Your itemization options and your lane matchups really have nothing to do with eachother unless this "anti-bruiser" item costs less than about 2k gold.

Fight Spice

12-29-2012

How about you all stop rushing Athene's first like the FotM pro player build tells you to and build a bit of armor?

I find it hilarious how I've seen maybe 80% of AP mids who have Athene's as a core item build it when against a bruiser even when it gives you MR rather than armor.

oh right, they also get completely **** on

universe within

12-29-2012

I don't even build athene's it's a **** tier item now. Your argument is invalid gg no re.

GasPoweredSt1ck

12-29-2012

Put Force Staff into the game. Boom.

Just kidding, but I think that some item balancing needs to happen before any champion is considered overpowered. If we judge too early, we will get some champions overly nerfed in the process.

XtremeApocalypse

12-29-2012

Try getting a chainvest, go into your normal build and then get a Zhonya's at the end.

XElement

12-29-2012

Quote:
Fight Spice:
How about you all stop rushing Athene's first like the FotM pro player build tells you to and build a bit of armor?

I find it hilarious how I've seen maybe 80% of AP mids who have Athene's as a core item build it when against a bruiser even when it gives you MR rather than armor.

Yes, cause that "bit" of armor we buy stands up against the BC you rush.
And lack of damage from rushing that said armor means no real threat to you.

But hey don't get me wrong, I have rushed the HOurglass mostly because I needed armor. Still got killed fairly easily.
So, even if you say build armor, it won't change anything. You haven't seen any build armor, but I can you tell you IF you did, they still get destroyed by that bruiser.

universe within

12-29-2012

Quote:
XtremeApocalypse:
Try getting a chainvest, go into your normal build and then get a Zhonya's at the end.

Oh look, I built a Zhonya's. My opponent has Hex Drinker, Wits End, and Merc Treads. GG

universe within

12-29-2012

more discussion.

Pomf Skweezy

12-29-2012

Quote:
Fight Spice:

Mages don't build Athene for the MR.

They're not in a position where their AA's and abilities both scale for one stat, they actually have to choose between damage or survivability.