Kha Zix Q vs R

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Actingman

12-29-2012

It's not so much than evolving Q is bad, it's just that it's worse than the other three.

W - This is so powerful in every way. It allows you to farm magnificently as it applies your passive to minions. It allows you to slow an enemy running away to catch up and Q them and it allows you to hit basically everyone in a team fight. Which leads to the next point...

E - Evolving this gives you added range and a reset on kills and assists. Because you have now damaged everyone in that teamfight with your evolved W your E will reset whenever one of them dies, allowing you to dive onto whomever you please and jump to the next just as quickly. The range is wonderful as well.

R - An extra stealth and 40% damage reduction is nothing to scoff at. The extra stealth helps when chasing, when disengaging after diving onto the enemy's carry or to escape a bad situation. The damage reduction allows your glass cannon build to do tons of damage and survive afterwards. I've lived countless Karthus ults just by hitting R at the right time after a fight. Also, this resets your passive again. Kha'Zix's passive is amazing, learn to use it efficiently.

Whereas Q only gives slightly more AA range, which you won't need because of a jump and the R evolution and 12% more damage based on missing health. When you jump a carry they will initially have full health, which means the evolution does nothing for you on the first attack. And, because of it's ridiculous scaling a basic QWQ combo will usually kill a squishy if he is alone without the evolution. And now since you have evolved E over Q once he is dead you can escape unharmed. And because the extra damage on Q is only when they are isolated if the enemy is constantly grouped it literally makes the evolution useless.

When I first started playing Kha'Zix I swore by evolving Q every game, but after exploring all the options I found that these three are better 99% of the time.

Teemo Thunder

12-29-2012

Evolution on Q is a little bit overrated.

DeadlyBroccoli

12-29-2012

w ALWAYSALWAYSALWAYS first. then E for mobility. then is when i have to decide q or r.
Imo q is the worst evo of them all, so i usually go for R as third.

Mid Is A Feeder

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTypics View Post
Which situations would you evolve one over the other?
I've started evolving Q last compared to R.

W > E > Q

R, you get extra stealth, By the time you use 2, there either dead, your leap is up, your slow is up or you can pwn them with evolved Q.

I evolve W for easier farm/harass, and 11 since thats roughly when team fights are gonna happen and I need escapes more.

Aquus Solmene

12-29-2012

My perma-evolves are W and E.

Evolving W gives amazing free long-range harass (for a nice amount of damage, to be honest)
Evolving E gives amazing cheap mobility and very good teamfight presence.

I evolve Q when i'm doing very good, or when I see the enemy team not being very grouped up, if they're always together, Q is useless.

I evolve R when I need better mobility, initiation and escapes.

Situational.

Maboyang Dumd0o0

12-29-2012

Wer

w is good 4 lane give u pok u need 2 kill slow help jungle 2 gank and do damag

e good 4 gank and escape and 2 get in

lot ppl do not kno if 2 get r or q i get r ya i think q is ****

i take r becaus it giv u wat u need 2 survive in fight
u get xtra stelth and 2 u get damage reduce so wen u take AOE in fight it not gona hiurt u as much
so ya get wer

Punish This Hole

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrelime2 View Post
Thank you for doing the math that shows you are wrong. If someone has 1000 damage done to them then an extra R will give you an addtional 220 damage to do to the target, and if something is ALREADY missing that much health your Q evolve is not helping you to kill them they are already dead.

2000? Wut 3000? Wut If people are missing this much health they are either already dead, someone else is going to finish them off, or the fight was lost. Your job isn't to kill tanks, but Q isn't really going to help you do it any better UNLESS their whole team happens to be tanks, that's the only justifiable reason to take Q evolve.

You also seriously underestimate 3 seconds of 40% COMPLETE damage reduction, in a lot of games, you ****ing need that, especially when you are trying to dive a carry,

Also 50 range is negligible to the point of not even being worth talking about in the context of a teamfight,
You mean 3 ONE second of 40% Damage reduc while INVISIBLE. Unless they have MASSIVE aoe, whats the point of the damage reduction if they cant target you -.-

CataclysmCrash

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyOther View Post
You mean 3 ONE second of 40% Damage reduc while INVISIBLE. Unless they have MASSIVE aoe, whats the point of the damage reduction if they cant target you -.-
Damage over time is a thing.

What do you mean massive AOE? Believe it or not, it's a huge waste if you use R only as an escape mechanism.

When you get up in the grill of an enemy with AOE, it's useful as hell. Not to mention Karthus.

The aggro drop is one of the things that's great about it lol.

It's like Vayne players using R tumble invisibility solely as an escape when the majority of its power is dropping enemy adc/bruiser aggro in fights.