Scarra Stream / Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JurisDictum

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
In other words you have no reply? Ok.
In other words I did respond to your feeble arguments. You were just too damn impatient to figure it out (assuming your not just too dense). This is why people don't argue with teenagers. I've already gone this far however, so ill just map it out for you.
If I said you were acting like a 10 year old, you would be offended. The fact that some 10 year old in the world somewhere is a genius is completely irrelevant. The point is, most 10 year olds act like 10 year olds. So if someone just says "your like a 14 year old," every person in there mid 20s has some idea what that means (given they were all 14 once), and feels insulted. Which is what you took offense to.
10, is not just a number that is irrelevant. Although not every 10 year old is the same, there is some physical and brain function realities attached to that age. The reason we pick 18 for things like age of consent and voting, is because it almost always represents a certain amount of brain development (particularly the frontal lobe) and physical maturity that we consider the minimum needed to make certain decisions as a society. There are biological realities at play here, its not "just a number."
As a person I was more hot headed and less patient when I was 14. I possessed inferior reasoning skills and had mood swings ect. It was the same for everyone else here. You'll never find a 24 year old that claims "I feel the exactly the same now as when I was 14." On the contrary. It is almost always "wow I sure was a dumbass back then."
So we don't let 14 year old drink, vote, get tatoos ect. The only adults that seem to argue that teens should be able to do these things are creeps that want to **** them, that simple.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

taye21

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum View Post
In other words I did respond to your feeble arguments. You were just too damn impatient to figure it out (assuming your not just too dense). This is why people don't argue with teenagers. I've already gone this far however, so ill just map it out for you.
If I said you were acting like a 10 year old, you would be offended. The fact that some 10 year old in the world somewhere is a genius is completely irrelevant. The point is, most 10 year olds act like 10 year olds. So if someone just says "your like a 14 year old," every person in there mid 20s has some idea what that means (given they were all 14 once), and feels insulted. Which is what you took offense to.
10, is not just a number that is irrelevant. Although not every 10 year old is the same, there is some physical and brain function realities attached to that age. The reason we pick 18 for things like age of consent and voting, is because it almost always represents a certain amount of brain development (particularly the frontal lobe) and physical maturity that we consider the minimum needed to make certain decisions as a society. There are biological realities at play here, its not "just a number."
As a person I was more hot headed and less patient when I was 14. I possessed inferior reasoning skills and had mood swings ect. It was the same for everyone else here. You'll never find a 24 year old that claims "I feel the exactly the same now as when I was 14." On the contrary. It is almost always "wow I sure was a dumbass back then."
So we don't let 14 year old drink, vote, get tatoos ect. The only adults that seem to argue that teens should be able to do these things are creeps that want to **** them, that simple.
Stopped there. You claim I'm too dense but it's obvious you didn't even read what I wrote and furthermore your wrong. The age of consent is not 18 throughout the US. It differs among states with the lowest being 16. The lowest globally is 12.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
The majority of white men can in fact jump, which makes the assumption and stereotyping invalid. According to your logic. Terrible example btw.
wrong, the statement pertains to white versus black athletes. you don't even know what you're talking about and you're arguing with me. why? because children LOVE to jump into things that they have no idea about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
Also arguments from the majority don't get you any philosophical ground because 99.99% of a population can believe something, that doesn't make it true.
wrong again, 99.99% of a population believing murder is wrong does IN-FACT make it true, because it is a subjective argument. majority does mean something, regardless of how much you'd like to live in a fantasy world where 99.99% of the population does not share your opinion but somehow you're still right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
Is it justifiable to say that "men are murderers" because the majority of murderers are adult male men?
when have i ever said that? sounds like you're resorting to strawman arguments because you can't argue the topic on the basis of logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
Also you should re-read the quote that came with my example of the 14 year old berkeley graduate. I even bolded the part that I was responding to. .
why should i? i already dismantled that argument. one turtle that can run faster than a rabbit does not invalidate "turtles are slow" which is a generalization and a factual opinion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
furthermore your wrong
stop doing this. both of you idiots.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JurisDictum

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
Stopped there. .
smart move, you didn't stand a chance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khaldo0nK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2012

I thought this was about Scarra lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormcloaked

Member

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leer34

Junior Member

12-29-2012

Scarra is a legend period. He is entertaining, teaches you something about the champion he is playing or just LoL in general. Don't hate because you're jealous of him, admire him. <3 Scarra