Scarra Stream / Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JurisDictum

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
Says the guy that degrades a whole age group lol. As if being 14 equates to being something bad.
The only people that take offense to this attitude are pedofiles and underage people. Who wants to argue with a 14 yr old when they are an adult? Your frontal lobe doesn't even finish developing tell your at least 22.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tejesh

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum View Post
The only people that take offense to this attitude are pedofiles and underage people. Who wants to argue with a 14 yr old when they are an adult? Your frontal lobe doesn't even finish developing tell your at least 22.
That's fu*king stupid as **** and I bet you'll make a horrible parent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

taye21

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum View Post
The only people that take offense to this attitude are pedofiles and underage people.

Who wants to argue with a 14 yr old when they are an adult? Your frontal lobe doesn't even finish developing tell your at least 22.
No idea why you would think this is even relevant? Tell this to the 12 year old in medical school or the 12 year old student at Berkeley, and his sister who graduated at the age of 14. I would argue these "underage people" would definitely take offense and rightly so.

Also how do you define underage? Is it younger than 18? In some countries the legal age for adulthood is younger than 18 so what does that mean? Even in the US we have differing ages for sexual consent. What does this mean?

Do you see the problem? Making huge assumptions and generalizations (such as an age group) end up becoming problematic because there's many examples of the contrary/differing opinions on what age means what.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

12-29-2012

the fact of the matter is, someone who is 14 has not lived long enough to have the necessary perspective that leads to a substantial argument in most subjects.

just as you'd respect a doctor because he has credentials that he's well versed in medicine, you will have a hard time respecting the opinion of someone who doesn't have the credentials for experiencing life yet


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

taye21

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
the fact of the matter is, someone who is 14 has not lived long enough to have the necessary perspective that leads to a substantial argument in most subjects.

just as you'd respect a doctor because he has credentials that he's well versed in medicine, you will have a hard time respecting the opinion of someone who doesn't have the credentials for experiencing life yet
Again, a HUGE claim.

Please tell me how many years qualifies as "necessary perspective that leads to a substantial argument in most subjects".

After you tell me how many years, please tell me why.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
I understand your point but most people know Lux can't carry late game vs a tanky team. Also if you look at his match history, he's been losing a lot, maybe it's because of his approach to just taking everything and getting himself big instead of helping his team get big.
Who says his main goal is winning? Any time I've watched him stream he's only concerned with determining exactly how effective certain champions can be played and can become if fed.

Prime example would be a game I watched him play right after the katarina rework where he did Kass vs Kat and played incredibly agressive early and mid game just to "see how the matchup could be played". That was his only goal that game... nothing else.

It's consistent experimentation and feedback like that that really helps people to improve. It's no different than low elo players saying "this round I'm going to focus on map awareness" and so they watch the map most of the game and might not play their best. They are reinforcing a specific skill or gameplay element so that it becomes completely automatic in a 'real' game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

12-29-2012

depends on what you're arguing. you want to debate politics with someone when the issues don't affect your life? no job, no bills, no family to support?

14? unlikely that i'd give your opinions any merit at all

28? might have some ideas worth listening to

besides, kids suck. i hate you. you are going to have to work through a lot of latent anger before you get anywhere with me.

get off my lawn


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

taye21

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
depends on what you're arguing. you want to debate politics with someone when the issues don't affect your life? no job, no bills, no family to support?

14? unlikely that i'd give your opinions any merit at all

28? might have some ideas worth listening to

besides, kids suck. i hate you. you are going to have to work through a lot of latent anger before you get anywhere with me.

get off my lawn
It definitely sounds like you have a lot of anger. Making a comment such as "kids suck" is pretty much a conversation stopper.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JurisDictum

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejesh View Post
That's fu*king stupid as **** and I bet you'll make a horrible parent.
Generally people that understand their children aren't their peers make better parents.
But yes, I'd put a lot more effort in "arguing" with my kids. Other people's kids are not my problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by taye21 View Post
It definitely sounds like you have a lot of anger. Making a comment such as "kids suck" is pretty much a conversation stopper.
can tell exactly your level of maturity when "kids suck" is the end of the argument.

plenty of substance in my post you could have addressed, but you got all huffy and petulant over that and are spamming downvotes on my messages. kids are easy to read, and easy to manipulate

good game