Even if you hate religion, could you have respect for their faith?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mista Jangles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefearlessman View Post
My problem with religon is that they do the most grusome things known

-The muslims kill gay people and hate science.

-The catholics molest young children

-The jewish religon acts like they are stronger people.

-Christanity mutalated people with the worst deaths possible, tearing people to bits

I dont try to be offenceive with what im saying, but the truth has to be told.

I dont hate people for thier beliefs, I just hate it when they spread it onto other people.
Please refrain from using blanket statements.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
I have no respect for a man willing to die for his beliefs. A man should be willing to live for them. The man who kills for his beliefs, even better.
So you have a great deal of respect for genocide?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kodoku

Senior Member

12-29-2012

I don't view faith as something of any intrinsic value. I think dying in the name of spreading one's religion is an utter waste of life. A week spent helping to distribute life's necessities to an area ravaged by a disaster would be infinitely more valuable and worthy of respect than a life spent and ultimately lost spreading religion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

12-29-2012

What if i told you about this woman who lives for Unicorns.

She believes she sees evidence of them everyday, she hears the trampling of hooves in the distance when the moon is just right. She talks to them in her dreams, and they whisper back words of consolment, and lead her down a more divine path by instructing her on the right way to live.

Beautiful, isn't it?

Is her belief worth respect, or should she be on some very strong anti-psychotics and probably be in an adult home until she dies of bedsores?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durzaka

Senior Member

12-29-2012

I will respect anyone's faith completely, as long as it doesnt affect my way of life, or they try and force it upon me.

The moment they try and convince me they are right, is when they lose my respect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
I will respect anyone's faith completely, as long as it doesnt affect my way of life, or they try and force it upon me.

The moment they try and convince me they are right, is when they lose my respect.
What if a whole bunch of them got together and implemented laws that catered to and specifically followed their religion and it's members views, and you had to follow these new laws or pay for them?

Is that enough of an intrusion to bother you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mista Jangles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
What if i told you about this woman who lives for Unicorns.

She believes she sees evidence of them everyday, she hears the trampling of hooves in the distance when the moon is just right. She talks to them in her dreams, and they whisper back words of consolment, and lead her down a more divine path by instructing her on the right way to live.

Beautiful, isn't it?

Is her belief worth respect, or should she be on some very strong anti-psychotics and probably be in an adult home until she dies of bedsores?
That's irrelevant to the issue at hand. The question is in regards to people who die for what they believe as opposed to people who kill for what they believe.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taria05

Senior Member

12-29-2012

well, it's all very circumstantion.

People can both die and kill for selfish reasons, just as they can die or kill for something greater than themselves.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomine View Post
So, you have no respect for someone who lives for their beliefs, and then dies because they have lived for what they believe?
Only if he was so cowardly as not to take anyone down with him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
So you have a great deal of respect for genocide?
Very few genocides have been carried out due to people's convictions. Btw if hitler told the German people he was massacring Jews they would not have been so complicit.


123