Thoughts on Jayce?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deviated

12-27-2012

I've been looking to buy a new champ lately, and I noticed that Jayce caught my eye. He seems really good, and looks to be tons of fun to play. How good is he really? Is he a viable pick in ranked play? Or what should I get instead? I enjoy Bruisers and ADC

Godshot

12-27-2012

Jayce is my FAVORITE champ and he is totally viable as a Tanky DPS top, if you want add me and we can play a game!

BloodyDerek

12-28-2012

jayce is incredibly fun to play. with s3 i like to build frozen mallet, black cleaver, wits end, randuins omen and atmas impaler and just jump right into fights in hammer stance and knock away melee carries or poke with the q+e combo in cannon stance.

Eu Bananero

12-28-2012

Jayce is cool. Really fun to play. I rush bloodthirster, 2nd mercury boots. phage, sheen and finish trinity with zeel. After that I get some situational items like omen, black cleaver , wits or linken sphere

Hotdogs

12-28-2012

he is very good, but can be hard to get to work in solo queue
his strength is in his extremely strong poke

Joe10112

12-29-2012

Very awesome champion. Shameless self-advertising for a guide from me: http://www.lolking.net/guides/23453

Overall, he's very versatile. Melee and Ranged. Can snowball very easily. Very useful utility kit as well (Knockback + Small Free Shurelya). Powerful with pokes and stuff. Easy to learn, hard to master.

Hasuobs

12-29-2012

Jayce is pretty good. He is very viable in ranked play, however, I feel there are better Bruiser's out there. I would recommend Shen or Irelia, as they have bigger split push and team fight presence respectively. Jayce better for a poke comp., or countering 'kitable' top laners such as Darius.