Lock-ed v. un-locked camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flo Daddy

12-29-2012

I just started playing LoL and am really enjoying it.

I much prefer the lock-ed camera view (probably because its like Diablo), but every you-tube video/guide the summoner is using the unlocked view.

Am I doing myself a disservice by playing in lock-view rather than biting the bullet and trying to get accustomed to the unlocked view.

Thanks

Aeternum

12-29-2012

If you're only a few days/weeks in, I wouldn't stress too much; there's a lot of things to fine-tune that the camera lock can help with, without making you micro-manage that aspect of the game.

But there really isn't an option as you progress; a locked camera is going to cause you problems as you get farther and farther along. I'd recommend unlocking it and getting accustomed to it as fast as humanly possible.

M4nTiCoR3

12-29-2012

I started out the same way, but eventually I bit the bullet and switched and have never looked back. The advantages of free look are numerous, and with default key bindings, all one must do for temporary locked view, such ad during hecktic team fights, is hold down space bar.

Try it, once you get the hang of using space bar to quickly switch back and forth you will probably find it to your liking.

Stay Rock Solid,
-gap81

Bad Player

12-29-2012

Locked if you're blue, unlocked if you're purple.

Volhaka

12-29-2012

I have played with Locked Camera..my whole time with League of Legends..I am now level 30..and have a few Ranked games under my belt..Locked camera hasn't had a downside to me that much so far, only thing that does annoy me are the long skillshots that go off screen or the enemies I try to hit that are off screen..I guess I should work on having unlocked camera :s

Guy on a bus

12-29-2012

Bite that bullet. You will learn soon enough that Map awareness is the most important thing to master in League of legends. You can't have that with a locked cam.

Volhaka

12-29-2012

Btw, whoever downvoted my comment...wtf dude o.o...........I don't see anything in it, that can cause you to downvote it..

Qsario

12-29-2012

You don't have to be either-or. You can always just lock & unlock it when you need to. I mostly leave it locked, but unlock it when I need a better view of something or to peek at the other side of the map, etc. Obviously you pretty much have to have it unlocked as bot lane purple