[champion concept] Reaper, Rider of the Pale Horse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzanio

12-31-2012

I'm not sure if this is officially a collaboration between Kaakshe and Gojira or not, so I'm going to respond to the post by Gojira.

Base Stats:

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see MR, or range here. There a particular reason for a "fuel" system? Note: your abilities cost mana, but you have a fuel system.

Passive: "deals initial magic damage for 2 seconds," should read "deals x magic damage per second, for 2 seconds." How much do you think is appropriate? Most on death abilities to date have done true damage, or allowed you to continue casting/attacking after death for a few seconds. This seems to work like singed's q, although I'm not sure if using his values would be balanced.

Personal Item: Overpowered active. Otherwise useless. I'd change everything so that the item gives ok stats, has some sort of situational tie in to his abilities, and a reasonable active.

Q: Seems like too many steroids; how much is the heal? How much is the crit chance? Might rework the crit chance to be 100% against enemies below a certain % health (i.e. Panth's e's passive).

W: 300-500 is the typical range for a dash. This ability seems closest to sejuani's q, which has a range of 700, and poor scaling (but applies AoE cc).

E: How long does the cloud persist? How large the AoE? Since it applies a very long duration poison, I'd suggest making it like lee sin's w in size, and have it just apply the dot to everyone around him.

R: This ability seems rather meh; 5% of your armor will be probably be 10-30 (will not add much mitigation, and while the number increases as the base amounts increase, the effectiveness of the armor decreases more so; this would basically serve as a buffer to flat pen in season 2, and is useless in season 3). 5% MS 20-25, 5% AS is less than you'd get from runes. 5% of your MR will be 5-10. 5% increased damage is nice. 5% more AD will be 5-15, which is sort of low for an active ability.

Gojira Godzilla

12-31-2012

This idea was a combined effort between me and Kaakshe (now called Minds) and we've been trying to create a champion that everyone would want to play so we are currently revising and editing when possible.

Reaper's abilities actually require "fuel" if it says they require mana than that is a personal error which I will fix.

Q: heal is 8%/10%/12%/14%/16/ with a crit chance of 15% and when an enemy champion gets to 30% health or less he has a 100% crit chance.

As you pointed out with the W it is in a way similar to sejuani's Q except that he doesn't freeze the champion he just charges at them and his range for his charge is 500

E: this ability is similar to sejuani and shyvana's W except that he releases poison which lasts for 4 seconds and causes
12/20/28/36/44 per second, with the max amount of damage is 72/120/168/216/264.

Thanks for the feedback.

ll Courage ll

12-31-2012

Greeting Dzanio.

Yes we both worked on this champion together, I am gonna go straight to the point about what you think about the abilities.

R: Alright, The ability is made for Reaper to follow the enemy, Me and Gojira have talked and we both said that the R should be changed, We wanna change it to this: It will Increase Damage, Armor and MR on change of Movement Speed, Since he loses his steed (Point made by Tael) he should walk less fast, So the idea is so like Tael said: ''Shít just got Serious''... So we are planning in increasing Armor, MR and Damage. The point is: We are gonna increase the damage.

Passing on to the Passive: I personally find those kind of ults that deal true damage really hard to evade, We decided to keep it with True damage because it's a last chance to kill the target, We thought of 50 initial plus like 10 per level, Due to not always will champs have 50 less, We also decided it should hit harder the more AP the Reaper has.

Item: So we had thought about it, And I was thinking that yes, It was too op and that it will be too much for Team fights for example. So we thought about a longer Cooldown and better stats, We are still not sure about the stats, But the Cooldown, We decided to change it to 7 minutes, and make the Active more useful against an exact champ, Which guides the active to be single targetted, so instead of doing it to all, he can do it to one every 7 minutes, That way he won't be too op, Also, when he used the item it only resets the Ult's cooldown, changed from like a minute ago, But yet the item is not completely useless otherwise. We were thinking also for the item to give 4 AD and 2 AP per level.

Thanks for the Feedback.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the ULT gives him 5% more range...

Tyra Wadman

12-31-2012

From what I've seen this is a little too fan based, or at least the lore bit.

Plus, for concepts, you need more detail on what you want than that. It's easier on the artist if they don't have to draw 1000 times because "it just doesn't look right" or " I don't like that shade " or "Why the faq does he have this on him?!"

Just my honest opinion.

Edit: --as a personal artist who has been commissioned with "artistic freedom" only to have them ask for a dozen free edits afterwards because nothing looked right to them...

Moby the White

01-01-2013

umm I will get to work...thank you cryoshell for the glorious recommendation
ps if you want me to work on this lore it is going to be a total redo no offence.

Gojira Godzilla

01-01-2013

you can work on the lore if you want it was kind of a last minute thought and I'm not the best writer so I could always use some help.

Moby the White

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira Godzilla View Post
you can work on the lore if you want it was kind of a last minute thought and I'm not the best writer so I could always use some help.
i'd rather wait I'm currently trying to level my pokemons :P

Gojira Godzilla

01-02-2013

okay

Gojira Godzilla

01-02-2013

okay can someone please help me make concept art for Reaper?

Gojira Godzilla

01-03-2013

this is seriously getting boring because I need lore update and artwork for him.