[champion concept] Reaper, Rider of the Pale Horse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tael Zenith

12-30-2012

Oh! I like the reinvisioning! I have more feedback but i'm just on break at work so I don't have time to be in depth!

Gojira Godzilla

12-30-2012

thanks for the help revising this champ

Tael Zenith

12-30-2012

Okay, a couple outstanding questions and comments, if you don't mind my continued presence.

I absolutely love the idea that he runs on fuel!
But; I'm not fully sure as to how he regains it. Just from the Q crit and the Fuel Reactor? Seems like he will be without fuel for most of the mid-early game, after he burns through his initial starting fuel.

Anything on any champion that affects other champions abilities as far as to completely put them on CD gives this one guy waaaay to much presence in a team fight. The closest thing we have to this sort of team wide CC is large AoE CC ults like Morgana, Nunu(in a way), Galio and Amumu, especially the mummy. Amumu is almost a permaban at the moment; so if that did get greenlit he'd be permabanned until a nerf.
Anyway, those ults only disable teams for a few seconds, to put all abilities on CD would disable some champs for well over 6-8 seconds. Let alone allowing some crazy scary ults to be used back to back!
If you are really set on the idea of that passive sticking around; a teamwide fear or stun seems appropriate; and a lot easier to balance.

As far as fuel goes... in order for it to feel different then mana, we have two options that I can think of.
1: % of attack damage (and/or ability damage) is returned as fuel (that makes me want to rename it something creepy though, like Suffering, but semantics)
2: slow regen off of an item; but then at that point why not just use mana?

Passive I like; but feels to close to Kog'Maw; I think the AoE, DoT True damage should stay; makes it feel more unique. Like a Singed/Kog'Maw hybrid.

Still don't know what the poison on Death Vapor does; and what type of CC is a disorient? Fear? That seems appropriate!

Ulti is really spot on! Only one minor gripe; think about removing the time limit? Thus making it sort of like Shyvana's ulti, if he stays engaged and keeps attacking, it can greatly prolong the duration. Again, makes it feel like sh-t just got real!

If you no longer want my feedback; just ignore me! xD
I'm glad to help!

Gojira Godzilla

12-30-2012

actually I was discussing this with the fuel regain with the one who helped edit Reaper and we decided that the fuel is to be regenerated by hits and crits, just like tryndamere. He gains 30 fuel when he scores a critical and upon each hit he gains 10 fuel.

ll Courage ll

12-31-2012

Hello Tael Zenith, Welcome Back to out post!

First before I answer to everything, I want to say that I appreciate your support and Feedback, it allows us to create the champion that everyone might want, And actually really buy, or to not make a really Overpowered champion that everyone hates and will always hate.... I mean it, like those really overpowered ones that are just hated and never loved in any type of PvP.

Really, I cannot answer much of these questions, This is not my champion so I cannot answer to what Gojira might have come up with alone or with someone else that I may not know about, As far as I knew. Fuel was Regenerated by Hits and Crits, just like Tryndamere. Though it was planned to make it different from normal mana. I think he had decided to make it a sort of mana source though, I do not know.

So I thought about the Fuel Reactor and it is really OP as to now that I think of it in team fights and stuff like that, I would say the fuel reactor to have a lot of cooldown, Though Gojira did say he wanted it for 4.5 minutes, So I cannot answer on how I will change that.

We forgot to mention that the Passive allows him to auto attack, He loses attack damage and speed but gets movement speed increased to make it feel different from Kog'maw's (Like you said)

Yes, Disorient it a Fear type of CC, I found it it World of Warcraft, I had forgotten it does not exist in League of Legends, But yes, It is Fear. Also the poison of Death Vapor causes a DoT.

His Ultimate is actually was made for he keeps regenerating Fuel while he is in it, But the problem of it is that the duration if he has max fuel is 31 seconds (If I am not wrong) Which could easily be increased if objects for fuel regeneration are created in the future.

Tael, I would like you to assist me on a Champion I was planning on creating, I yet do not have a name or anything of the champion, But you seem like the type that is happy to help, and from my point of view. I love your Feedback, and I would not mind it if you gave it to my champion creation.

Thanks a Lot for your Feedback once more!

xPillow

12-31-2012

Agreed with the Hecram thing lol. Kinda seems like a Hecram just altered in a way.

Gojira Godzilla

12-31-2012

kaakshe and I made sure to change details and stats to make sure people don't confuse him with Hecarim

Tael Zenith

12-31-2012

Thanks pillow! could you be more specific about how he feels like Hecarim? We have few mounted champions in league; so when conceptualizing new ones we have to be very careful to make sure they are different enough. I know, i'm working on one too!

I would be more than happy to help your design, kaakshe! What's the best way to get ahold of you?

ll Courage ll

12-31-2012

Hello Tael Zenith

The best way to get ahold of me is adding me to League of Legends, You would be surprised how much I actually am online all day, And by the way, Thanks a lot for helping me by the way!

To add me to my account,Add me to Minds. If you also need assist on Catherine, I am more than happy to help as well!

Gojira Godzilla

12-31-2012

seriously can someone please make the concept art for my champion because this is just ridiculous with people thinking he's a skin for hecarim