So about the riven nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehN3wbPwnr

12-29-2012

I know rivens being nerfed soon and i cant help but ask... why riven?
i mean yes shes strong she has a shield damage and mobility but why nerf her? look at lee sin... more mobile, more sustain, has a shield and more cc, why not nerf him?
like whats up with that?

TealNinje

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehN3wbPwnr View Post
I know rivens being nerfed soon and i cant help but ask... why riven?
i mean yes shes strong she has a shield damage and mobility but why nerf her? look at lee sin... more mobile, more sustain, has a shield and more cc, why not nerf him?
like whats up with that?
Lee Sin's only hard CC is his ultimate.
In order to deal damage, initiate fights, and disrupt enemies, Lee Sin has to hit with a skillshot.
In order to use his shield, he has to throw away his mobility.

Riven's mobility gives her a lot of free damage, does not have conditions (such as targeting an enemy/ally), and doesn't require her to throw away certain advantages to use (such as using her shield; it's a dash in one direction, meaning she can go anywhere to tank damage; behind the enemy, away, initiating a fight, etc..)

Not to mention Riven is resource-less.

Vencu

12-29-2012

leesin mobility: jump to enemy's by landing a skillshot/jump to ward/ally/minion by using up your shield
Riven mobility: dash any direction you want as well as use Q
Leesin shield: 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 (+ 80% AP)
Riven shield: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+ 100% bonus AD)
Leesin CC: e slow - 30% / 37.5% / 45% / 52.5% / 60% (9 sec cooldown) r - knockback 90 / 75 / 60 cooldown
Riven CC: melee range aoe stun for .75 seconds, 7 second CD max rank

yes lee sin has more situational mobility, but all of his mobility is useless if there aren't things to target unlike riven's and lee sin has more sustain

riven scales harder in damage, has a hard CC on a 7 second CD, and does a LOT of aoe damage compared to lee's and the only time riven needs to land a skillshot is when she needs to land her cone skillshot on her ult