Pre/Post Game chat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lyncati

12-29-2012

I'm sure this has been addressed before but I cannot find it (if it's in plain sight that's why I'm blind to plain sight).

Why is the pre game and post game chat not in the tribunal? I don't think it would be too hard to include an option to scroll down and view that just like you can include or get rid of the enemy chat. I've been seeing an increasing trend with a lot of really toxic players where they will either be super threatening pre game chat, play the game without really saying anything, and then waiting til post game chat to start their racial slurs and other toxic behavior. i realize this probably isn't the case with the average player, but the fact I've been experiencing it a lot has really started to irritate me.

I report them at the end of the game but without the proof, that case can't really be judged properly. I know if I read a tribunal case where someone says "player said blah blah during pre/post game chat," and I see nothing in the game chat i am inclined to pardon or skip if their other games aren't bad.

So i am mainly wondering if anyone else gets this problem as much as me and if there has been anything said by Riot or anyone on the subject.

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did.

gnfnrf

12-29-2012

Pre and postgame chat is not in the Tribunal, because it is handled by a different server (the PVP server) than the game itself (the game engine server). Therefore, it is non-trivial on Riot's end to integrate them into the same Tribunal database.

Not impossible, and it is something that they have said they will do given time, but it is also Riot's opinion that players who are jerks in pre and postgame chat are also jerks in game itself, and so are handled by the Tribunal already.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

12-29-2012

Like you, I am inclined to pardon someone if the only evidence of their bad behavior is the reporting player quoting the post-game chat. For that reason, when I have a game with someone who is toxic in pre- or post-game chat, I screenshot and report them with a support ticket. For now, the Tribunal can't really do anything about them.

But as gnfnrf points out, Riot is not in a big hurry to integrate post-game chat because it would be a substantial amount of work and might not have any noticeable effect on Tribunal accuracy. Rotten players are generally bad everywhere. They'll get caught sooner or later.