(champion concept) Volkan: The shadow ravager

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreakinEpic808

01-01-2013

Volkan is a melee bruiser who specializes in dueling top lane and disrupting vision. His appearance is a humanoid figure with claws that resemble a combination of eternum nocturne and rengar(long)

AA range:150

Passive: Shadowskin-all ranged basic attacks deal 15% less damage to volkan.
Left hook[Q]- volkan swipes his left claw in an arc motion in front of him (not an autoattack enhancer) to deal 100/105/110/115/120% of his total attack damage and posion enemies for 25/35/45/55/65+6% of their missing health in magic damage over 5 seconds. Additionally, landing a right hook will reduce this abilities cooldown by 1.5 seconds. benefits from life steal

Range:375 Mana cost:45 Cooldown:8 seconds

Right hook[W]-volkan swipes his right claw in an arc motion in front of him, all of the stats are the same as left hook, but right hook knocks enemies aside(as much as rivens final q) and deals 8% of their max health in physical damage instead of the poison effect. Landing a left hook will also reduce the cooldown by 1 second. benefits from lifesteal

Dark lunge(more creative names)[E]- volkan lunges to a target (ally or enemy) and leaves a dark trail behind him that reduces enemy movespeed by 20% and their vision(like graves' e)

Mana cost:70 range:750 Cooldown:15/14/13/12/11 seconds lunge speed:same as jax's leap strike. The trail has the same width as galio's e

Clawmaggedon[R]-deals 350/450/600 + 150% bonus attack damage in physical damage to surrounding enemies over 5 seconds, looks like a giant whirlpool-like swirl of black and blue arcs that are more opaque to enemies, making it harder for them to see things inside(like chogaths rupture), while clawmaggedon is active, volkan can move at 60% of his speed and cast abilities

Mana cost:100 radius: same as galio ult Cooldown130/120/110 seconds

Change log:
Changed the damage reduc from passive from skillshot damage to ranged damage(zarkof's feedback), I made this champion to counter ranged champions particularly(because i don't like them) and he was right that it was rather counter-intuitive and strange. also removed the extra stealth duration from brush that was originally there.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Passive: I don't think the game differentiates between skillshots and targeted spells since it's just testing for a hitbox before it applies the spell. Even so that seems like a very weird thing to block 15% of. Not every champ has skillshots so this is going to be very limited. You don't mention him going into stealth in bushes, so I think you mean "remains obscured 1 second after leaving brush" and this is also kind of weird. What if he's in brush and someone walks in to get vision? what if there's a ward? This is rather odd.

You can work Q and W into a 1-2 punch thing since they both deal damage, you get to rank them up at the same time, and you can get another skill into the set. Base damage is low. Don't have missing health on a dot, since their missing health would change each time it ticks. 25% missing health is a lot for rank 1, 65% is too much regardless. Elise's spider Q only scales 10% at all ranks. That being said, the % shouldn't scale with rank.

E: That seems like a weird way to throw out a smokescreen. The only way to get any effectiveness out of that is by going in balls deep to their back lines, putting you at mortal risk. I'm not sure that I like this spell. It seems like a tank spell rather than a fighter/bruiser.

R: too much damage. Look at other AoE ultimates and compare. If you're going to use Wukong's as a base, remember that it is a very unique spell and also scales off of total AD. That's also a pretty big radius. Other than that it just seems like every other melee-centric AoE spell and is missing something to make it special. Right now it's kinda boring design-wise.

FreakinEpic808

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
Passive: I don't think the game differentiates between skillshots and targeted spells since it's just testing for a hitbox before it applies the spell. Even so that seems like a very weird thing to block 15% of. Not every champ has skillshots so this is going to be very limited. You don't mention him going into stealth in bushes, so I think you mean "remains obscured 1 second after leaving brush" and this is also kind of weird. What if he's in brush and someone walks in to get vision? what if there's a ward? This is rather odd.

You can work Q and W into a 1-2 punch thing since they both deal damage, you get to rank them up at the same time, and you can get another skill into the set. Base damage is low. Don't have missing health on a dot, since their missing health would change each time it ticks. 25% missing health is a lot for rank 1, 65% is too much regardless. Elise's spider Q only scales 10% at all ranks. That being said, the % shouldn't scale with rank.

EDIT: I want to keep the ult as it is, keep in mind that unlike wukong's ult he would be less mobile
E: That seems like a weird way to throw out a smokescreen. The only way to get any effectiveness out of that is by going in balls deep to their back lines, putting you at mortal risk. I'm not sure that I like this spell. It seems like a tank spell rather than a fighter/bruiser.

R: too much damage. Look at other AoE ultimates and compare. If you're going to use Wukong's as a base, remember that it is a very unique spell and also scales off of total AD. That's also a pretty big radius. Other than that it just seems like every other melee-centric AoE spell and is missing something to make it special. Right now it's kinda boring design-wise.
I specifically wanted q and w to be seperate abilities that relate to each other, the amount of % damage the DoT does would be calculated by their health when they first get hit(look at fizz). His e is great for baronpit fights etc., the fact that enemies chasing him wouild have to sidestep the trail is enough to make for clean escapes but it has a long cooldown so he cant do it often, it also only targets units. his passive is kind of stange, you're right. I think reducing ranged damage would work(although 15% of rather high for that, maybe start at 10% or something). I'll edit the op and mention your feedback.

EDIT: I'm going to change the ult duration to 5 seconds and keep the damage the same, I feel that he would generally have little contribution to teamfights(while not having assassin damage) without it but when I think of amumu's ult or something pairing up with it it does seem pretty strong. If the colors and animations are as I would see them, this ability would be unique enough and very different from wukong's ult.