Yi is a pointless champion to play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dudesalvest

12-23-2012

Yi is a terrible champion. It discourages teamwork due to the fact that all you do as ad yi is backdoor, backdoor, AND BACKDOOR. You aren't encouraged to stay with your team, or even play alongside them. You just do whatever the hell you want and eventually loose to a backdoor since either you cant stun him enough in order to stop him, or his attack speed and damage out damages your entire team... during laning phase you cant touch him, he sits in lane and alpha strikes (pretty much a built in zhonyas), and if you manage to do a bit of damage he heals it right back. It's even worse if he goes jungle cause you nor your jungler can catch up to him. Some changes need to be done to this **** champion.

pwnstylez

12-23-2012

Alpha strike and meditate both cost a HUGE amount of mana, spamming without ridiculous amounts of regen is not an option against a player with ~equal pushing power, people like Katarina are more efficient at pushing after like lvl 3 (maybe?). In a teamfight u must learn to approach THE RIGHT TARGET. I dont think Yi is a frontline fighter.

Try to get in the mindset of an assassin, and wait for the most opportune moment to hunt down their MVP such that the enemy doesn't have any CC left to stop you or they are too far away.

Against an organized team any 1 champion can be shutdown, including Yi (Hard CC es op)

I still dont understand if you think yi is OP or UP, killing champions is not the objective of this game, killing the nexus is. Backdooring is completely legitimate, get used to it.

Seymorbuttz

12-23-2012

Sometimes team fights arn't always the best option if Ad Master Yi, Rengar or any other right click to win champ can get a free inhib why not?

ImpTaimer

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymorbuttz View Post
Sometimes team fights arn't always the best option if Ad Master Yi, Rengar or any other right click to win champ can get a free inhib why not?
You mean Tryn, not Rengar. Rengar is by no means right click to win. If you build him that way, he'll be right click to die.

Sewbie

12-23-2012

Obviously you havn't played AP Yi before.

Bio optimus

12-24-2012

dudesalvest,
Every Champion has their roles, and their advantages. Some champs are better designed for skirmishing, others for being in the front of the line, others for support etc. Yi is a split pusher/ assassin. When playing against him or with him you must bare that in mind. Firstly every team should have some sort of hard CC or compensation for not having it. That usually stops him cold. Then, if he is elsewhere split pushig you have a 4 v5 advantage. use it. At lower levels (pre level 30) i found that the way to deal with Yi was to work as a team. He forces you to consider more options than just a straight head to head team fight. Furthermore assassins force you to protect your carries. A valuable part of the game.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Did you see Alex Ich get a penta in pro play with AP Yi?

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-24-2012

Being next to your team isnt the same as fighting alongside them. It actually takes more teamwork to backdoor against a decent team. Also yi doesnt have to bakdoor much at all, in higher level play he often doesnt do well if thats all he does

Bio optimus

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Being next to your team isnt the same as fighting alongside them. It actually takes more teamwork to backdoor against a decent team. Also yi doesnt have to bakdoor much at all, in higher level play he often doesnt do well if thats all he does
I agree with cereal box, in higher levels of play split pushing is more difficult and "backdooring" is almost suicidal. However unless you are not doing anything at all (eg holding down H) I can't see how you can be next to your team and not in some way be fighting alongside them.

DingoHedge

12-24-2012

Play AP Yi. I don't care if it's not viable in high elo, or if i'm called a noob, but i have SO much fun playing AP Yi.