So shen...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uparmored

12-29-2012

I just recently purchased Shen because of the mortal kombat skins and was trying to play him on TT. Been kinda hit and miss one round just got demolished and another I was 9-0-6. Any advice on build or if he is even viable?

Slave Ship Capt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Build tank.. Taunt people and have your team kill them.. Get 20 assists a game..

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-29-2012

I'm not the best shen, but I would think HP/def and AS are your priorities. The HP helps your def plus the extra damage from your passive. And the AS helps you get your passive off more.

With that in mind, Witts end, and overlords bloodmail are probably priorities, and you'll want either ninja tabi or merc treads depending on other team. From there you could build more defense or more damage depending on how you're doing.

If you're not super familiar with TT, the one thing you have to be careful of with tanks is not building TOO tanky. You can't build full tank on TT, because then the other team will completely ignore you and your team will lack damage. The goal is to stay in a sweet spot of as much damage as you can build while still surviving on the front line, which of course takes a good bit of defensive items, just not all defense.

I feel like defensive items are pretty straightforward to choose from here, just prioritize ones with HP also as it helps your damage through your passive and build against who is doing most damage on the other team. So aegis and sunfire cape can work well.

For damage, I think trinity would work well if you are doing well enough to build it. build sheen or zeal first depending on your preference and only finish if you are doing well. Plus zeal gives extra MS which helps a lot for split pushes.

On that note, you should try to split push when you can pull it off, especially if you are ahead as you can force towers then ult to your team when needed. If they all defend vs your other 2 pushing, you can hit the tower in your lane, and if they send 1 to defend vs you, you can ult in for your team to dive.

Lastly, in teamfights, you'll be tempted to taunt right away, but try to save it at least a moment or so for a good opportunity. Either, when someone jumps on your carry, or when their carry is positioned to do a lot of dmg, or if you can get 2-3 of them.

Like I said, I'm not an expert and maybe people will have better ideas, but hopefully this helps!

PurpleURP

12-29-2012

9/21/0 masteries in armor pen getting attack speed over cdr, move speed quints armor seals mr/lvl gliphs attack speed marks, dorans shield and boots to start rush sunfire cape get frozen mallet atamas randuins wits end gunblade static shiv as needed always get merc treads unless no hard cc. Always get taunt lvl 1 if you go for FB otherwise get q, level q first then shield, always pick ult 6,11, and 16. must be a bully early in lane with q taunt and passive. You can trade well early when you get shield. Try to set up 2v1 or 3v2 gank right when you hit 6. It's very important that you use ult to get kill or assist or its just a waste of time. Since the taunt is such a long cd now really hold it until you are assured a kill or you can get multiple enemies. Also, must land taunt, it will short arm very easy try to taunt through the enemies.

samlovemetal

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
9/21/0 masteries in armor pen getting attack speed over cdr, move speed quints armor seals mr/lvl gliphs attack speed marks, dorans shield and boots to start rush sunfire cape get frozen mallet atamas randuins wits end gunblade static shiv as needed always get merc treads unless no hard cc. Always get taunt lvl 1 if you go for FB otherwise get q, level q first then shield, always pick ult 6,11, and 16. must be a bully early in lane with q taunt and passive. You can trade well early when you get shield. Try to set up 2v1 or 3v2 gank right when you hit 6. It's very important that you use ult to get kill or assist or its just a waste of time. Since the taunt is such a long cd now really hold it until you are assured a kill or you can get multiple enemies. Also, must land taunt, it will short arm very easy try to taunt through the enemies.
Why the hell would you take armor pen? All of shen's damage, passive included is magic. Not to mention wits end and sunfire. But his passive is most of his damage here. I run magic pen marks as well, though i can definitely see attack speed working, I just like having my Q hit harder, sooner.

PurpleURP

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by samlovemetal View Post
Why the hell would you take armor pen? All of shen's damage, passive included is magic. Not to mention wits end and sunfire. But his passive is most of his damage here. I run magic pen marks as well, though i can definitely see attack speed working, I just like having my Q hit harder, sooner.
Some games ill get a BC and and go more ad focused, its pretty much personal preference / team comp.