Why Am I So Unable to Sleep Of Late..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Inability to sleep is getting greater.
Suppose to take 7 minutes to fall asleep.
It's taking me hours.

Today it's not bugs.
But just thoughts.
My mind won't stop thinking.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

take my advice with a grain of salt because I can usually fall asleep in less then 1 minute and have never had troubles falling asleep...if you are going to think then think of how comfortable you are...and try to refrain from thinking of how uncomfortable you are...many people do their best thinking at night in bed but if you are doing this you are not doing your best sleeping...it's a practice in disassociation..

Mere Intricacy

12-29-2012

I was trying the meditate thing where you start with your legs, and completely relax them so they become really heavy so that you can;t move them. Is something like that what you meant or is that overthinking it?

Also I have no idea what the expression "with a grain of salt" means; does is mean to be weary?

Memorylame

12-29-2012

ya the grain of salt thing basically means that I have never felt your pain so my advice may be pointless...I'm not sure if what I am describing is meditating though I am sure meditating may help you sleep...I mean disassociate the bed as a place to think about the day or a place of pleasure and just try to think about how comfy your pillow is for example..works for me...may not work for you?..

Taria05

12-29-2012

I've always had a hard time sleeping due to too much thinking. Listening some music usually helps quiet the thinking.

Deconstructor32

12-29-2012

You can get melatonin pills at your local pharmacy, they might help. Or you could just get drunk.

Mere Intricacy

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taria05 View Post
I've always had a hard time sleeping due to too much thinking. Listening some music usually helps quiet the thinking.
I don't really know how to dl music, and can't afford to buy stuff.
Radio is too hit and miss for home use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon View Post
You can get melatonin pills at your local pharmacy, they might help. Or you could just get drunk.
I don't drink.
And although I actively dislike medication, I'm starting to get desperate. This is the 4th time in the last week.

Deconstructor32

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
I don't really know how to dl music, and can't afford to buy stuff.
Radio is too hit and miss for home use.

I don't drink.
And although I actively dislike medication, I'm starting to get desperate. This is the 4th time in the last week.
Melatonin pills aren't really medication, its a supplement. You can get them right off the shelf, they aren't over the counter or anything.

Mere Intricacy

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon View Post
Melatonin pills aren't really medication, its a supplement. You can get them right off the shelf, they aren't over the counter or anything.
Yes but you have o swallow them
I vomit whenever I swallow medication.
So it's usually I trade off on whether it's worth it.

But I will look into into.

Dobagoh

12-29-2012

I've been dealing with the same problem...staying up til 4, 5am. And then I wake up at around 9 and can't fall back asleep, but I'm really tired so I just lay in bed for another 2 or 3 hours.