Summoner's Rift Map Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Magical Cow

12-11-2012

Hey everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't think of anywhere else other than General or the Summoner's Rift one. Let me know if you know a better place to post it. That being said lets get to it.

I'm looking for feedback on these changes on Summoner's Rift to balance out the Blue and Purple side. As it stands Blue has an in-game advantage of easier Baron access and Golems on bottom lane. I've seen many bottom lanes lose to a fast lvl 2 and Purple side teams throw an entire game because they cant get out of the Baron pit like the Blue side can. Purple side has to go out and around while Blue just runs backwards towards Blue buff.

The changes I've made give equal access to the Baron/Dragon pit and add an extra camp that will give the same experience and be as difficult to kill as Golems.

The new jungle camp with need 2 monsters (what they literally are doesnt matter. wovles/golems/wraiths whatever) that have about if not exactly these stats:

77 exp (+2/min)
30 gold (+1/min)
750 Health (+42/min)
44 AD (+1.4/min)
150 Attack Range
12 armor
0.613/sec Attack Speed
350 Movement

OR you can half the exp from Golems and add what is taken to the new camp. If you do it that way you don't give the Jungler more gold/exp with an extra camp. Both are viable I believe.

Moving to the physical map changes. Here is a picture of the "New Map":

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UGbAwUTwgj...ew_Arrows2.jpg

I believe this gives both sides equal space and ward options to make Baron a less one sided task. While at the same time making it more dynamic than just a "river" running down the map.

Here is an accurate ward sight of the "New Map":

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XYK3oI9frd...wMap_Wards.jpg

As you can see you still need 2 wards to fully ward a top or bottom lane from ganks (river and tri bush). But at the same time one ward in the bush below Red buff covers both entrances into the jungle around Red buff. Thus no extra wards are needed there.

So what do you guys think? Awful idea? I doubt Riot would ever change it, but I want to know what the community thinks. Also, if you know of another thread or idea like this please link it. Thanks a bunch <3

0R30

12-11-2012

no one has coomented but i do have one peice of critisizum. will you make the walls (of the new barron and dragon) the thickness that they are now or like just a thin wall like the one inbetween dragon and blue?

also beyond that i like it. adds new attack paths, new stratagies, more jukes an more stratagy in general. good cahnges. not great but you cant really mess with these maps all too often.

on the note of the early golems, personaly i just think that the jungle encampments should be mirrored along the river, and not verticly. like both blues near top so that red doesnt have such an akward time doing an early gank expecialy with the new pS3 jungle, while blue can crab their blue bff and just come for an instant gank with extra blue help. or purple team cant get their red and with a gapcloser chanpion secure an easy kill. make it more the same so that you dont get used to playing on one team or the stratagies for one side.

also a note on the new jugnle camp buy the current blue buiff locations, they could be harpies or something. their encampment speciality could be every 4 consecutive (from any source) hits they dodge it. makes people pay attention and if they are carful they could time it with bladed armor, and it also puts people who stack on hits a little more carful or champs with dots.

driredeath

12-11-2012

Quote:
I'm looking for feedback on these changes on Summoner's Rift to balance out the Blue and Purple side. As it stands Blue has an in-game advantage of easier Baron access and Golems on bottom lane.
i kinda feel the lanes being the way they are balance each other out blue may have easier escape from baron but purple has golems, (which are barely ever used in the fashion i use them on blue) and as for purple they should be forcing there way to the dragon every possible chance cause they have the easier escape route from there. imo, i do kinda like the thought of opening the back of baron and dragon for both sides but then that makes escape from either one even easier. grabbing either dragon or barron is a risky manuever as is and i think it should stay that way i dont know how many times i havent warded properly and got stuck in either of those pits and massacred cause i didnt have flash but its all part of the game.

when my team gets put on purple side we have been changing it up abit and instead of putting our support and adc on bottom facing the enemy support and adc we have been putting them up top and using the golem to our advantage its amazing how effective this has been as long as our bottom doesnt get steam rolled (which happens) but usually we are doing the same to there top so it evens out

ZanzabarTheEagle

Recruiter

12-11-2012

the most they should do is make it so when your on purple you have blue vison. let me explain; you know how on blue you start at the bottom and you have a better screen view, do that for purple. make it so purple has that same screen display to the player. because i know plenty of people that have trouble with skill shot champions on purple team because they cant see like how they can on blue.

A Magical Cow

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0R30 View Post
no one has coomented but i do have one peice of critisizum. will you make the walls (of the new barron and dragon) the thickness that they are now or like just a thin wall like the one inbetween dragon and blue?
They would need to be pretty thin, yes.

A Magical Cow

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanzabarTheEagle View Post
the most they should do is make it so when your on purple you have blue vison. let me explain; you know how on blue you start at the bottom and you have a better screen view, do that for purple. make it so purple has that same screen display to the player. because i know plenty of people that have trouble with skill shot champions on purple team because they cant see like how they can on blue.
I have never heard of this being a problem. I never have problems with skill shots due that that.

Lemon in Tank

12-29-2012

Ive always felt like that looking up from blue to purple was easier then looking down from purple to blue