How to counter Pantheon top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

megaslayer321a

12-30-2012

i can say from exp that riven and irelia are good against him not the best counters but they can both shut down his combo with there stuns and escape or if your balsy try and lay some damage down

Nynewars

12-30-2012

Salutation Krypteria,

As a moderate summoner myself, I find this may be difficult to arrange on your terms, but if you can pull off a Vi & Darius cooperative duo you can pretty well pummel any force that comes your way. This isn't exactly proven but I've seen it used quite efficiently before with no top lane jungling. With a bit of luck, ask your team mates before the game to see if they'd like to play Vi & or Darius and maybe convince two to go top lane.

Communication on these types of things is very important and you may want to go with a friend and do a Vi & Darius match up just simply to have communication be more formidable. On a side note -not really related to the latter- Always have your most experienced team mate go mid. Back on subject more so, communication on basis comes before a game. This is not to say that communication on the battlefield is not important, but pre-game preparation is very vital to victory!

Good luck on your battles, Your friend Nyne

KU

Secdawgs

12-30-2012

Pantheon is hard to go against. I suggest Jayce if you want to avoid AP tops.

Charcole

12-30-2012

no one mentioned jayce, you can use your e/q range combo to keep pantheon away to the point he can only farm with his q which will drain his mana. When you harass him down to about 50%, go in hammer form and last hit to get your mana back. You need to be good at skill shots though because if you miss your E/Q combo you will drain mana for nothing. If it hits; it devastates panth. Also if panth jumps in, he usually follows with his e. you can knock him back in hammer form. If you aren't good with jayce don't attempt this until you practice jayce more because mastering jayce can take some time.

170 Calories

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulNomad View Post
I have found that taking cloth armor against pantheon as a starting item completely shuts him down early game. If you ask for an early gank you can secure an easy kill and pretty much win the lane as pantheon requires a good amount of gold to be any good late game. I use Garen and Jax against him fine but I wouldn't call either of them counters.
I think there is some merit to this, however most panths that use guide builds will use armor pen runes.

Flagrock

12-30-2012

Panth gets countered by armor and health (not as much armor anymore but still). I know a well played Olaf, Darius, and Garen can easily shut him down. If you want a safe top go Malph and panth won't really be able to kill you and you can still farm relatively safely.

SergeantGrumbles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-30-2012

Play Kayle

YuHZ

12-30-2012

lee singah

Krypteria

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nynewars View Post
Salutation Krypteria,

As a moderate summoner myself, I find this may be difficult to arrange on your terms, but if you can pull off a Vi & Darius cooperative duo you can pretty well pummel any force that comes your way. This isn't exactly proven but I've seen it used quite efficiently before with no top lane jungling. With a bit of luck, ask your team mates before the game to see if they'd like to play Vi & or Darius and maybe convince two to go top lane.

Communication on these types of things is very important and you may want to go with a friend and do a Vi & Darius match up just simply to have communication be more formidable. On a side note -not really related to the latter- Always have your most experienced team mate go mid. Back on subject more so, communication on basis comes before a game. This is not to say that communication on the battlefield is not important, but pre-game preparation is very vital to victory!

Good luck on your battles, Your friend Nyne

KU
Me and my friend actually do a Darius and Xin top lane duo which i find to be extremely effective (7 Games un-defeated) you just have to deal with not having a jungler but we push the first turret as quickly as possible usually within about 6-8 minutes depending on the conditions of course and then we will just roam gank and help the other lanes its a lot of fun and not many people/champs can counter this well played Duo.

deathmetalfan

12-30-2012

I played Cho'Gath last night against Pantheon top lane with a Cloth Armor + 5 HP start. Around the 20 minute mark, Pantheon just typed 'Cho OP' and their team surrendered.