Disadvantages of Nid support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

So I've been playing a lot of Nid games going in the support lane, I buy the majority of the wards (in some games ALL of the wards) and provide massive poke. As the game goes on I still buy wards but instead of buying support items (like Aegis) I go for AP items.

I find that I sometimes (with my spear) accidentally take farm when champs dodge me, and I more than occasionally spear someone who would without a doubt have gotten away if I left it solely to my ADC. This provides me with quite a bit of gold.

I usually start with two Farie charms, a ward, and a mana pot, and I start out by taking traps. If the jungler starts my side or is afraid of an invade, I trap up the buff they want to take and the area around it. If I am on the other side of the jungler, I trap up the entrence ways to the buff they aren't taking. With the rest of the time I trap bushes the bot lane will try to be hiding in.

I have a lot, and I mean a LOT of wins with Nid, but I'm trying to find really large disadvantages by taking her over say... Nunu or Taric. She has a heal and poke, but she doesn't have CC. Also, I don't tend to build support on her, which makes it like taking a second APC. Also, even though my carry is usually really fed or at least competing in farm with the enemy ADC, I still accidentally take farm from time to time.

In your opinions, when, if ever should Nid be picked for support? Who does she work well with? (I enjoy working with a Cait myself.) What are the major disadvantages of playing Nid support and how does one best counter them?

adc

01-04-2013

Squishy. No CC. Lack of engagement - she's a poke hero. She doesn't fulfill her role well without gold, and if you don't get kills or assists you don't get that gold. She has nice harass, but she won't scale as well as a legitimate support will.

Shadowed Ruby

01-04-2013

A bit like Karma (as posted above) she needs gold to be support, and since a support is a 0cs role, she falls flat (Unless you get lots of kill-assists).

Hellacopters

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelOfPain View Post
So I've been playing a lot of Nid games going in the support lane, I buy the majority of the wards (in some games ALL of the wards) and provide massive poke. As the game goes on I still buy wards but instead of buying support items (like Aegis) I go for AP items.

I find that I sometimes (with my spear) accidentally take farm when champs dodge me, and I more than occasionally spear someone who would without a doubt have gotten away if I left it solely to my ADC. This provides me with quite a bit of gold.

I usually start with two Farie charms, a ward, and a mana pot, and I start out by taking traps. If the jungler starts my side or is afraid of an invade, I trap up the buff they want to take and the area around it. If I am on the other side of the jungler, I trap up the entrence ways to the buff they aren't taking. With the rest of the time I trap bushes the bot lane will try to be hiding in.

I have a lot, and I mean a LOT of wins with Nid, but I'm trying to find really large disadvantages by taking her over say... Nunu or Taric. She has a heal and poke, but she doesn't have CC. Also, I don't tend to build support on her, which makes it like taking a second APC. Also, even though my carry is usually really fed or at least competing in farm with the enemy ADC, I still accidentally take farm from time to time.

In your opinions, when, if ever should Nid be picked for support? Who does she work well with? (I enjoy working with a Cait myself.) What are the major disadvantages of playing Nid support and how does one best counter them?
are you winning? is it because of your actions?

people seem to forget the meta is < actual experience and player skill. a player who plays ap mid 90% of his games that brings a nid support bot lane usually has a field day chunking people with spears. i've won a lot of lanes specifically because my nid support had them at 50% or less hp the whole lane. the same with lux support.

if it's working for you and you are helping decide the outcome of the games you're winning, you should continue. though she really is better off suited to other roles.

Snarglefargen

01-04-2013

I personally cringe when I see a nid support because I hate dodging the spears. If you are winning with her keep playing until you get to an elo where you stop winning then reset and try something else.

WRYYYYYY

01-04-2013

Nid support is terrible. Her poke is easily countered by warding brushes and anyone who knows how to dodge. Her heal is easily out poked by most comps. Her passive and ult have weak utility. She has no cc. She is poor at winning 2v2 engages. She doesn't scale into late game without gold.