Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Ability to disable display of ranked info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

borick

Recruiter

12-29-2012

Problem:

Currently, we cannot disable display of ranked information in PvP.net client and in-game loading screen.

Reasoning:

Sometimes I don't want others to know my ranked information. Getting ranked rewards should be purely a bonus. When I'm singled out because of having a higher rating, it becomes negative experience for me.

Some background:

I got my ranked rating by playing purely Mordekaiser. I'm really bad with other champs. Also, playing late at night I'm generally worse. Sometimes I just want to **** around, too. It would be really nice to be able to disable display of my ranked stats.

Edit: Another reason - let's say I don't want people to see my rank, the only alternative is to play on a smurf account. By adding this simple option, we'd be avoiding the need for abusing low level accounts.

PapstJL4U

12-30-2012

why dont you play normals, when you dont like, what ranked is?

Troa

12-30-2012

Exactly. Or play with other champs in ranked to either get better or lower your elo.

borick

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Quote:
PapstJL4U:
why dont you play normals, when you dont like, what ranked is?

I like ranked. Sometimes, I don't want to display my highest ranked rating for whatever reason.

borick

Recruiter

01-04-2013

Quote:
Troa:
Exactly. Or play with other champs in ranked to either get better or lower your elo.

Lowering my elo doesn't matter, because highest rating is still displayed.

borick

Recruiter

01-04-2013

This is really important to me and I don't want this to get buried. I strongly feel people should have the option to disable public display of their ranked stats.

Troa

01-04-2013

Given that no one else is really posting in support of it, there's simply not any support for it. If it bothers you that much, your best option is to make a smurf.

And the reasoning for going down is so that you are playing with those of theoretical similar skill, where you're far less likely to lose your lane.

Regardless, you're not getting support, I'd suggest getting over it or smurfing. Bumping your own topic from several days prior without anyone else deeming it worth bumping simply illustrates to Riot that it's something that only bugs one person and probably is not worth implementing.

Edit: Your edit doesn't add anything to the argument. If you don't want it displayed, don't play ranked. Regardless people can go to lolking and look up your elo.